Model Train Forum banner

421 - 440 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
A great transaction with Wolferz, I made a friend and received a beautiful L.M.S. set as well! Couldn't have been better!:thumbsup:
That simple loop of track goes miles beyond the horizon of imagination.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Shaygetz is the most patient guy in the world. He repaired an older N scale diesel for me that took almost 7 months to complete.
Most of that was finding parts of course.
But the engine runs like new. Who could ask for more?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Lionel 2026 2-6-4 What a Beaut!!

Shout out to sagomon for the quick transaction and fine packing of the Lionel 2026 2-6-4 Steamer. If you guys have noticed he is selling off his Lionel collection and it is well maintained after 20 years in storage...you can't go wrong...my only wish is that I had more cash available:eek::laugh::laugh: Thanks sagomon (John)!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Lockons

Hi,All..Me,too for cash...LOL Many thanks to Teledoc for the lockons. Very good MTFer.:smilie_daumenpos:

Have a great weekend,sanepilot

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Not too long ago I made a deal with someone here for a bunch of O tubular track to go to them and when they made the switch to send his fastrack to me. Unfortunately for me that person has disappeared from the forum and I am out for the track.

Unfortunately this guy who disappeared and another "well known and well respected" member selling jacked transformers are the only 2 people on my ignore list because of fear of Backlash due to leaving bad feedback. What is my point? Could the administration please set up the ratings system in v bulletin. It is a great tool that is built into the software.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I've done quite a bit of dealing with some of the members here over the past several months and never had a single problem, it's possible that your contact who is AWOL might be having some other issues that are preventing him from posting right now.

Maybe you can try contacting them in another way but I don't see why issues couldn't be resolved with kindness and patience. Actually I've only run into one person the entire time I've been on here that's been a jerk, and he's been banned.

·
Hobo for Life
5,953 Posts
I would leave the feedback if it was deserved and you made an effort to contact them. Sometimes its an innocent mistake , other times its not. But I do know I would want to know if a person was not going to live up to there promises.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My suggestion would put peoples ratings right underneath their screen name so you do not have to sift through 435 posts to check on someones reputation. I was not looking for solutions to my issues.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

This is what I am talking about. It is from a Reefing/Saltwater Aquarium hobby forum that utilizes VB. As you can see the "Reefer Ratings" are my individual feedback through transactions I have had throughout the years I have been a member. I just took that screenshot today so it is an available option.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
This is what I am talking about. It is from a Reefing/Saltwater Aquarium hobby forum that utilizes VB. As you can see the "Reefer Ratings" are my individual feedback through transactions I have had throughout the years I have been a member. I just took that screenshot today so it is an available option.
If a site was primarily buying and selling that would be a useful feature, but MTF is not primarily about selling, selling is just an accessory, so for many that would be useless information that would just clutter the forum.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If a site was primarily buying and selling that would be a useful feature, but MTF is not primarily about selling, selling is just an accessory, so for many that would be useless information that would just clutter the forum.
As is the reefing site. It was designed for education and information just like this site. However the marketplace has slowly taken over in the last 3 years. This is why I don't go there much anymore despite still being a moderator.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I don't think anyone is trying to tell you what to do really, it's just that the overwhelming majority of us are friends. The deals are in the spirit of sharing and helping each other out. I can't say that I've made much monetarily, but the friendships forged are priceless.
Now I will give you some good hearted advice: Just note the problem and let it go. None of us are going to lose our house if a deal doesn't work and in my opinion life is too short. Please note that you are among friends and be glad a group of people such as this exists in such a wicked world.
I am sorry for your bad experience though.

421 - 440 of 477 Posts