Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
That's a nice engine, LOTS of smoke, and runs great....My only question is what were you having for lunch??? I keep hearing a spoon or fork hitting a plate,lol!!!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Al, here is a review I found on the Lionel FlyerChief Berkshire steamer. It shows the engine better
than my video. I agree with everything said in this video. My only complaint with the engine is with
the chuff sounds. At slower speeds it sounds great, but as you speed the engine up, you get to a point
that the chuff starts to sound like a machine gun. So you will find yourself running at a slower speed
than maybe your old Gilbert steamers. Not that big of deal. Its just what I noticed. Also the video mentions
whitewall wheels. Not all the engines get the whitewalls. I have 2 of these engines and only one has the whitewalls.
It depends on the road name. There is very little to not like on these engines. I doubt these wll last 70 years
like our Gilbert ones.

Lionel American Flyer FlyerChief 2-8-4 NKP Berkshire - Bing video
What's the product # for the engine?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The product number depends on which roadname and number you want. For example, the Pere Marquette is available in two road numbers. 44022 is #1225 and 44023 is #1223. Yes, the engine includes its own remote. It will also run conventional without the remote. It will also run from the LionChieff App on a cell phone and it has Bluetooth.
I'll let my buddy know, thanks for the info...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts