Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a note in the August issue of Model Railroader that Testors Corp. (A division of RPM International, which also makes Rustoleum, DAP, and other coatings and adhesives brands) will be discontinuing their Model Master, Pactra, and Aztek brands. They will be "focusing" on their flagship Testors line, which is pretty much useless for model railroaders without a huge expansion innthe colors offered. MR is quoting a Testors press release, although I have been unable to independently verify it.

No skin off my nose, really, as I switched to Vallejo Acrylics years ago. I guess I will have to change airbrush brands when my current A470 wears out, which is a shame because, despite occasional problems with the nozzles, and leaks, I really liked the interchangeable paint cups design.

Anyway, I thought I'd put that out there for info / comment.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
No loss here either. I haven't used Testors paint in decades.

It is too bad for the scale plastic modelers who do use it. I always liked their Model Master line and especially the metalizer paints that were buffable. I did many an aircraft panel using that paint in an airbrush and then buffing. The titanium and aluminum were particularly good and very realistic looking.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
So it’s finally verified.....there has been talk of these discontinuations for some time now, maybe for a couple of years now.....too bad, some of those products were quite good......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts