Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with TCG so I did a "google" search on TrainController. One of the "hits" was "ModelRailroadsForums.com". There I found several posts from Rudy, the guy hat put together fifty youtube videos on TCG, along with post from the above mentioned people.

Question... is this forum still active? I have tried to login with no success. I have emailed them stating my problem with the login process and did not get a response.

Can any of you gentlemen still login to that forum?

Can you offer help as to who I can contact to become a member?

As always, thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't use that one anymore, but I do remember there was some difficulty getting an initial log in going compared to most forums. Try this. All of his videos are here. Rudysmodelrailway

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sorry Jim, just now saw this thread. I don't recall ever registering at that forum, and password reset isn't working with any of my usual email addresses.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys -

I have attached the track plan for my layout. As you can see it is not very complicated.

All the turnouts, block detection circuits, lighting circuits and engine throttles were working fine for about four months. I must have done something to mess it up, because now I have lost ALL functions. From the attached screen, if I do a mouse-over to trip the turnouts the turnout "appears" to throw on the screen but not on the layout. The four toggle switches on the inside for the: Crossing Lights, Bell,Street Lights and Building lights also appear to work on the diagram but they do not trip the circuits.

I know that the connection from my PC to my NCE control is solid because I am able to operate my turnouts using JMRI.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sounds like TC is not communicating with whatever network the railroad hardware is using. I would look at the digital setup in TC.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

To quote Mr. Scott; "The more complicated they make the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

It does sound as though TC has stopped communicating. Have you tried to re-boot the system?

Are there any communication options under that Properties tab?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

To quote Mr. Scott; "The more complicated they make the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

It does sound as though TC has stopped communicating. Have you tried to re-boot the system?

Are there any communication options under that Properties tab?
Do a lot of you guys use this software? Is it easy to use/setup/operate? I looked it up online and read some about it. I have been interested for some time now about these type systems. They can often look intimidating and complex but that’s just a observation.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NorfolkSouthernguy -

I suggest you login to Youtube and watch "Rudy's" TrainController videos. He made about 45-50 episodes that explain most of the major functions and features.

Here is the link to episode #1.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys -

I have been busy this week doing various wiring and lighting projects around the house. I finally had some time today to go downstairs and dig deeper into my T/C. After several attempts at back tracing my auto-run and scheduling activities (since that was the last things I was working on before my problem) I went back to square one and discovered that somehow my connection between my PC and NCE Command Station was open.

Simple fix.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts