Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What @Old_Hobo said. The instructions are the most valuable aspect of Campbell kits because they are reusable blueprints in actual size. If you have the instructions, lay them out, put a piece of glass over them, and build right atop the blueprint. Glues won’t stick well to glass.
And keep the instructions/blueprints in a shipping tube or large envelope afterward. Just in case you need or watch to build another at some point for some reason.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I love those old Campbell kits, they made alot of nice stuff, like has been said, proper tools and patience, your not gonna throw this thing together in an evening or two, and it helps if you have a dedicated workspace where you can leave everything out, these kits are a challenge but if you take your time it will pay off with the finished product

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Use rubber cement to test fit parts. It's easy to pull apart and remove if you mess up. It will even jold pretty well by itself.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I had no idea how to build those plastic aeroplane kits when I was a kid. I just followed the instructions.
You’ll make a few mistakes but the pride of creating the finished article is great buzz. White wood glue is pretty slow to dry so you can correct.
Why don’t you document it on here?

·
Premium Member
13,718 Posts
IF he’s missing the instructions…..we still haven’t heard that yet….in fact, we haven’t heard anything from him since the original post….

1 - 9 of 9 Posts