Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this prewar manual lighted double semaphore at a train show yesterday in upstate NY. Possibly Bing, but doesn't match any images I've found so far. Any clues as to the manufacturer and when? No brand or company markings on the piece and no box. Appears to have original paint with some paint loss as would be expected of a nearly 100 year old item. Took me awhile to figure out how to replace the light bulbs. It lights too btw...

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,716 Posts
The color of the base screams Bing to me.

Check out this thread, it is a signal tower but there is a picture in the thread of what it was supposed to look like.
Scroll to post #11 in there, look at the color of the base.

https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=19938

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,716 Posts
I have been searching the net, like you I can't find one like that.
I have to go and do something I will look again later.

Definitely Prewar?

Early 1900's? Maybe?

That is Standard gauge? Or I think they called it 1 gauge?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's the way i see it also, Ed. I found a single arm lighted manual semaphore by Bing that looks similar right down to the blue ladder but no pics of a double arm version. But Lionel #66 semaphore is a dead ringer. My item is clearly not lionel but looks to me like an item copied by JLC in the 20s-30s. Ty for the replies..

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,716 Posts
Yeah, that's the way i see it also, Ed. I found a single arm lighted manual semaphore by Bing that looks similar right down to the blue ladder but no pics of a double arm version. But Lionel #66 semaphore is a dead ringer. My item is clearly not lionel but looks to me like an item copied by JLC in the 20s-30s. Ty for the replies..
#66 is a dead ringer?

My #66,
https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=18964

1 - 5 of 5 Posts