Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
And the old talgo body mount conversion gets brought up again hahahaha I think I gave all my talgo truck equipped cars to a little kid in town that likes trains. The holy trinity of posts are

1. how much is my inheritance worth
2. Tight radius and turnout
3. How do I put knuckle couplers on a talgo car

seems like those posts reoccur commonly but if you don’t know then there is never a reason not to ask the question

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It depends on if you want to put the work into a lower end car. If the answer is yes then by all means do the swap on them. I personally don’t do it but the cars that have them don’t get my interest with level of detail. I have a ton of athearn blue box cars and I’m even going to thin the herd with them. I’ve taken a liking to Proto 2000 and walthers kits. I also like bowser 2 bay hopper kits. I’m also not one to buy a car that’s rtr because the model building is what I enjoy the most so adding all the grabs and stirrups and brakes and what not to a freight car just gets my interest. I do have a few mdc passenger cars that are still talgo but they seem to work better than the lower end freight cars

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I’m in the process of changing out all my plastic wheel sets with metal ones which I have about 25% of my cars converted. I haven’t bought a box of wheels in a while and throw the old ones straight in the trash but I’ve had very little luck with plastic wheels. I won’t run any plastic couplers and I won’t run plastic wheel sets once I’m done switching over to metal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts