Model Train Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
It is buyer beware for all auction sites. I always factor in the shipping & handling, along with their percentage in all my bids. Shipping charges are getting very expensive anymore.

Bill

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow. It only costs me €27,50 for any size or weight from Europe for my train orders with UPS Global Express. Door-to-door service.

You should have seen the size of the box the ABe 8/12 arrived in.

What Cabin Fever is charging is robbery.
Yes, MSL with my Tillig tt scale orders, straight to my door, same price

·
Registered
German, Swiss, and Austrian outline. HO/HOm
6,566 Posts
MSL no longer uses UPS and switched to FedEx. My last and final order from MSL took three days to get out of Germany, then spent another seven days in Paris before being routed to Frankfurt. It then spent another three days in Frankfurt before leaving for the States. And this was from Köln.

Never again.

I've since switched to Modellbahn Union. Same prices, better in-stock availability, and yes, UPS Global Express shipping at the same price that MSL charges for FedEx European tours.

Get it in three days door-to-door service.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
.... My last and final order from MSL took three days to get out of Germany, then spent another seven days in Paris before being routed to Frankfurt. It then spent another three days in Frankfurt before leaving for the States....
Sounds like it had a fabulous European vacation before getting back to work on the rails :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts