Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the brass piece the the linkage atthaches is that screwed in or pressed have replace. Not dont want to make things worse before i replace it thanks Al.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
It is pressed in. They are called studs. Get the right ones. Some are round end and some are square end.
I think you need square. Best way to get old one out is to pull the wheel and punch out from
the back.. Is yours broke off even with front of wheel?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You'll also have to re-quarter the wheel set. And, make sure you have the square end, (if it is indeed square),in the correct position before you press the stud in.Looking at the wheel,with the stud on top of the wheel, the square end should appear correctly.. I'll post a picture....

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You'll also have to re-quarter the wheel set. And, make sure you have the square end, (if it is indeed square),in the correct position before you press the stud in.Looking at the wheel,with the stud on top of the wheel, the square end should appear correctly.. I'll post a picture....
Here's the correct orientation for the stud.
004.JPG

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Sounds like you already ordered the stud. I was gong to tell you to check with Jeff Kane at The Train Tender.
He has some used wheels with the square stud installed correctly. I need to get one from him. In the 5.00
range.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like you already ordered the stud. I was gong to tell you to check with Jeff Kane at The Train Tender.
He has some used wheels with the square stud installed correctly. I need to get one from him. In the 5.00
range.
Ok thanks .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts