Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now marketed by InterMountain
Excellent models.

Following the passing of it's owner, the company was purchased by InterMountain.

I've always been a caboose junkie, and I have more than my share of crummies in several roads, some of which only see club rails.

CCS cars are finely detailed, nicely weighted, and are excellent rollers.
They also made some very nice HO & N scale passenger cars, (heavyweights) which are hard to find.

This Santa Fe-type caboose is one of a few Frisco's for my home layout, as the SP shared 'back 'n forth tail waggers' with them on mutual tracks between El Paso and St.Louis.

Also shown are a couple of my New Haven NE-5's which are frequently run at the club.
FriscoCab1~2.jpg
20181204_103547~4.jpg
0_CCS_NE5_NH_Orange_BlackRoof_C585.jpg
centralia_car_shops_ne-5_caboose_ready_to_run_85-1204.gif

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 19 caboose models...
Mostly because of a fascination with them that goes back to my childhood.

My grandfather was a conductor on the New Haven RR, and I rode on many passenger trains with him from my hometown in Connecticut to Boston and New York.
I also had many caboose rides on northbound & southbound freights out of New Haven.

The majority of my caboose models are upscale brands... Centralia, Proto, and AMB kits.
Some are better examples of mid-price genre like Athearn RTR and Atlas Trainman.
Others are Athearn, Roundhouse or Atlas that I've detailed and weathered, like the one shown here.

IMG_7452~3.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These have been extinct for a few years...
Walthers Proto C30's.
A few are on eBay in Britain for $80+.
WalthersC-30_#727_002.jpg
WalthersC-30_#687_04.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Added CalScale marker lamps to a bashed AMB C30...
I originally thought of adding Tomar lighted ones, but I chickened out.

C30_amb_009.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts