Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been quite a few changes on this site, and I don't agree with most of them ...but continue to log in sporadically .. one thing I don't do is contribute like I used to , there's just no point to it ..
just a minor rant .. and it's done for a while now ...

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Just because the site has changed, the people are still the same. The posts are still just as interesting. The help is still available from members. It seems as though you may be boycotting your own interest and pleasures.

·
Registered
7,952 Posts
Change needs to be accepted to move forward.....life itself has changed lately, and you can’t ignore it.....

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
"But it is also tradition that times must and always do change, my friend. "

Eddie Murphy as Prince Akeem from the 1988 movie Coming to America.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Every 7 years or so the human body replaces the cells that make up the body. So change is an on going process which none of us can control, Try as we might, It is how we handle the changes going on around us that is either a problem or not.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Perhaps you have heard about it. CHANGE is disappearing. Since the pandemic, and closing of many businesses, U.S. coinage is scarce. So, we may no longer have any change. Problem solved.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
It all hangs in the balance.

·
Registered
580 Posts
There have been quite a few changes on this site, and I don't agree with most of them ...but continue to log in sporadically .. one thing I don't do is contribute like I used to , there's just no point to it ..
just a minor rant .. and it's done for a while now ...
What has changed except for the layout of the forum?

at least the people posting here are not stroking their ego like that other forum or the other heavily moderated forum.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
What has changed except for the layout of the forum?
Well, one thing that's changed is that some people don't come here as often as they used to...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hahaha so true, Fire21!! The last 20 years have been rough on forum participation in general, I think. It's probably a commentary on the hobby in general... But there are also a slew of new opportunities, new participants, and new methods available now! We'll probably be OK! One way or another... :D:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't get me wrong ... I'm not against change for the better ...just against change for changes sake, where it actually means little ..

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Yep, times are a changing as one well known song writer stated. I spend more time over on OGR the past few months for O Gauge train info.

Bill

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Well, one thing that's changed is that some people don't come here as often as they used to...
Very true. I can think of 3 or 4 posters who I enjoyed following and they don't seem to be around anymore. Whether it's the new format or some other reason, I miss their posts.

·
Registered
7,952 Posts
Well, I think the change is better than the old....easier to post pics, easier to post, easier to read (I chose dark).....more stable platform overall, so I welcome changes like that, it was definitely not just for the sake of change..... (y)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,725 Posts
And one of the reasons is that they can do EVERYTHING but post without logging in. Even non registered people can do everything but post. See the thread,pictures everything. Go through members profiles and galleries. See who is online, most points highest reaction points etc. They can do it all. I brought this up but no one cares. Other forums you can't do things unless you are registered. They said " it is a public forum". I guess they don't want new members joining up. :rolleyes:
The old forum that was fixed by John, if you were not signed up as a member you had limited access.
Now every Dick, Tom, Harry & Alice can see it all and do all.
They just can't post. :confused:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,725 Posts
the ones that you talk about are the ones that went to the other forum and all they do is brag about themselves. 😁
Even there if you are not a member you can't do a lot of things.
You have to be signed up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why do you all refer to the "other forum"? Why not just clarify what forum your commenting about?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Why do you all refer to the "other forum"? Why not just clarify what forum your commenting about?
They are discussing the o-gauge forum, OGF, initiated by disgruntled ex-MTF member ptc Brian who invited a select few other MTFers to assist in its inception.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts