Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I don’t think so.....OGR is the huge O Gauge Railroading on-line forum..... can‘t remember the forum that PTC and others went off and created.....

Edit: PTC and others went off and created OGF......stands for O Gauge Forum.....only 347 members there.....

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
And one of the reasons is that they can do EVERYTHING but post without logging in. Even non registered people can do everything but post. See the thread,pictures everything. Go through members profiles and galleries. See who is online, most points highest reaction points etc. They can do it all. I brought this up but no one cares. Other forums you can't do things unless you are registered. They said " it is a public forum". I guess they don't want new members joining up. :rolleyes:
The old forum that was fixed by John, if you were not signed up as a member you had limited access.
Now every Dick, Tom, Harry & Alice can see it all and do all.
They just can't post. :confused:

Hey Ed, what's Alice got to do with this? I asked her, and she said she wasn't concerned.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Why do you all refer to the "other forum"? Why not just clarify what forum your commenting about?

the forum is OGF they currently have only 347 members yet the latest member to join has number 503. that means, 156 who have applied have been turned down of which I am one.

·
Registered
880 Posts
While I'm not a member of OGF, ptc Brian's endeavor seems more club-like than a forum because things "outsiders" can do are restrictive compared to the train forums - OGR, CTT, and Bachmann Man. Only members can click to enlarge photos in posts while on "true" forums, bith members and nonmembers can do that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I was actually kidding.....I think I was the one responsible for Country Joe wigging out and stomping off....:LOL:

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I do check OGF for anything newsy that is not on other forums, seldom find any " breaking news " that is not on other forums. I will say that PTC is attempting to set a forum record for most amount of posts in the shortest time. Some threads he will have the super, super majoriety of comments.

Bill

·
Admin
43,791 Posts
I will say that PTC is attempting to set a forum record for most amount of posts in the shortest time. Some threads he will have the super, super majoriety of comments.
Likes to hear himself talk. :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There's also other other forums. There seem to be a lot of them or at several others for model trains of those mentioned.

·
Registered
880 Posts
He has to up the post count somehow.....
I don't know if any forum tells the percentage of total posts a member contributes to it but I'd guess from casual observation ptc is responsible for an atypically high number of them on OGF either directly from his replies to other members posts or by threads he starts that lead to an uptick in reply posts from other members.
It also seems that during any given time only about a dozen OGF members are responsible for the "vast" majority of posts to that forum.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I don't know if any forum tells the percentage of total posts a member contributes to it but I'd guess from casual observation ptc is responsible for an atypically high number of them on OGF either directly from his replies to other members posts or by threads he starts that lead to an uptick in reply posts from other members.
It also seems that during any given time only about a dozen OGF members are responsible for the "vast" majority of posts to that forum.

My comment stills stands.....

21 - 40 of 53 Posts