Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I manage to get the 16 lb of DRGW fleet and others on the way to Nicaragua, I couldn't sell any of my controversial e books recently, I already have a huge project of cheap, more toy-like but still beautiful Chinese locomotives in mind.

Actually, I have six Chinese locomotives, Bachmann, CMR, and MTC. The detail is excellent, they "sound" and are really very heavy, run great, pull a lot, light nicely different. They are very rare and too expensive, just like Australian locomotives. However, lately, on Allieexpress, I discovered there are these alloy pull back/sound/light action toys that look like model trains, not really true to HO scale, but, still to me, they look great. Quite a variety, I want like 20-30, I mean all of them, to turn them somehow into dummies to run on HO scale. Does anybody have them ? What do you think ? Any experience or opinion ?

Attachments

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It's so unusual that this thread has NOT got any traction. Nobody likes these ? I know, but for two, three hundred to own a great variety of Chinese fleet, my pre-planned 20-30 locos, when the good ones cost 200 plus each ? OK, I must be going LOCO, still you can't blame the trains. What China railway locos do you have ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's so unusual that this thread has NOT got any traction. Nobody likes these ? I know, but for two, three hundred to owe a great variety of Chinese fleet, my pre-planned 20-30 locos, when the good ones cost 200 plus each ? OK, I must be going LOCO, still you can't blame the trains. What China railway locos do you have ?
TRACTION! LOCO! That's a joke, son. I keep throwing 'em, and you keep missing 'em. -Foghorn Leghorn

·
Registered
809 Posts
If I read what you wrote correctly, you have a set of Locomotives that you plan to sell for like $200.00 a set. Then it says they are like HO but not really HO scale. Why would someone buy a fleet of locomotives they can't run. Why did they not make them to HO compatible scale ?
They are nice looking models, but just for shelf display not very desirable.
That is just my opinion.

Dan

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After making a number of my complete Sixth Gospel saga sales ( https://creepyweirdoart.blogspot.com/ ), which, by the way, has financed my large HO and N scale layouts for 5 - 6 years, I decided to go for the real thing, I mean Bachmann China, CMR, and Orangutan Models in HO scale. I zealously renewed my Ebay act without Paypal. True, what could be easily done then cannot be done nowadays, choosing train stuff off Ebay. Thank you all, guys, you convinced me. Sort of. I bought the following. Anybody likes these ? I do !

Attachments

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not for me, none of them fit my era, and i don't have a chinese layout, lol
Lol, on my layouts, anything goes, I haven't come across a single loco that wouldn't love to highball on them, but, yes, each hates the really big competition being added constantly. Now I feel really obsessed with China Railway. Many more to go ... Their beauty is immense, their price breathtaking.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Could you post pictures of them when you receive them? Do they fit on HO track? I'm curious.

I've seen them on Ali and they look interesting but not actually being HO or operable makes them unappealing. I'd rather buy used Athearn BB for the same price or less and have locos that operate.

However if they are HO and have significant detail maybe they'd be a good candidate for a repower.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
btw this website has a ton of info on the topic

http://www.chinesemodeltrains.com/

(at least one of the photos as the copyright from there)

So, I believe the answer is that there are many HO DCC chinese produced models, the original post however and title of this thread are about some die cast only models.

I think...

Example: http://www.chinesemodeltrains.com/encyclopedia_cmrhxd1d.html

I think this looks alot like some of european trains.

I think it would be neat to get one of these HO models and an appropriate chinese produced DCC sound encoder with authentic sounds, maybe even some audio in the local dialect etc...

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that's part of DB's maintenance fleet.
Yes, that one is real gem, one of a kind, a catenary maintanance vehicle for high speed trains that China ordered from Siemens AG for extensive China Railway System. Kibri maintenance vehicles are great, but these Chinese versions are really refreshing. I got lucky.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw this website has a ton of info on the topic

http://www.chinesemodeltrains.com/

(at least one of the photos as the copyright from there)

So, I believe the answer is that there are many HO DCC chinese produced models, the original post however and title of this thread are about some die cast only models.

I think...

Example: http://www.chinesemodeltrains.com/encyclopedia_cmrhxd1d.html

I think this looks alot like some of european trains.

I think it would be neat to get one of these HO models and an appropriate chinese produced DCC sound encoder with authentic sounds, maybe even some audio in the local dialect etc...
I haven´t ordered yet the cheapo diecast HO like models, but I will. Last and this week I spent 2 K on these real HO locomotives. That would be for dozens of others of a different brand like Athearn Blue Box

1 - 14 of 14 Posts