Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

Since all photos with photobucket are now gone from my old ''Christmas time !!'' thread, it's time to start a new one !
It might be fun to read about the evolution of my Christmas layout, if you check the old thread. (but no pics)

Quite a few things have change in the past few years. I now live with my girlfriend and since we have a nice house, it was time to get my train's stuff out of the closet.

First setup in 2012 :

Upgraded setup with baseboard platform in 2014 :

My old and beloved Lionel 2055 (with my Williams SF in the box):

And now in 2019, I decided to build a proper table train 48x80 :

For easy storage, two independent table section 40x48 are joined with bolts and removable legs are installed with patio's 4x4 socket :

Final setup with an inner 0-27 oval circuit instead of a figure 8 inside, with the attached the trolley ramp :

Final shots :

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Is this the Christmas train layout thread?
Watch for guest appearance at 0:47

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That's not a table, that's a fortress! Holy cow, that's some serious construction for a train table! :D Where you planning on something a lot larger on the table? ;)

I have to agree with John... that's a DOT approved for bridges. :laugh:

Awesome job though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the nice comments !

The tables (should I say) are solid but I have to be careful sliding them on the floor since the legs are only attached to the plastic sockets. I went the modular way for the easy storage.
I might add more units in the future to expand the layout.
I can also disconnect the table by a feet and install some bridges between them, it could be fun.
Speaking of bridge I will get a Lionel Truss bridge next week.

Here is more shots :

My Williams GG1 :

My 2055 this morning :)
In great shape indeed. However a few years ago I did small black touchups and a clearcoat respray over the engine and tender so the paint in not entirely original, but it looks great IMO.

With vintage filter !

Old shots from my previous setup era :

And my first train set I got at 7 years old that start it all. (I don't have it anymore but it's still in the family)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts