Model Train Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's the first time I have seen the back side of your curved arch bridge. It looks Just as good as the outside curve. I can appreciate how much time went into it, but it certainly paid off..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here is a picture of the afternoon Santa Fe Southwest Chief crossing the Mississippi Bridge beside Casey Jones' home while he is waiting for his grand kids to get home from school. The school bus with them in it is on the highway bridge behind the engine. His dog Rex is also anxious to see the kids. View attachment 543419
Your detail is fantastic, it is no wonder they published the article.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've always found the train community to be a mixed bag of friendly, interesting guys and gals who not only love trains, but also love people. However, there's a component that's hard to pin down and seem to be almost Contrarian in nature, and you just don't win with those types. They like it "their" way or you're just plain wrong, and they're not as invisible as one might like. This is one more reason that peeps like GRJ, Art, and so many of the regular contributors to this site make it friendly and welcoming, the way it should always be. Sometimes an eye for detail is just a pain in the eye...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That was a great article, Art!! Your layout really looks nice, and I think you met your objective modeling places you and your wife have known.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts