·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I beat you.:D
Ha, ha, I can change that :cheeky4:

That link doesn't show the tender. At least I couldn't find it.
Whats the WX stand for? No whistle?:confused:
There is a link to a picture where it lists the tenders... I am pretty sure that the "X" has no meaning at all... Both the W and WX have whistles...

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
Ha, ha, I can change that :cheeky4:

There is a link to a picture where it lists the tenders... I am pretty sure that the "X" has no meaning at all... Both the W and WX have whistles...

While your here, I posted this a while ago in the New thread. I was not ignoring you I have not had much time lately.:D

MTH camel back CNJRR,

MTH Camel back.jpg

·
Yard Master & Research
10,691 Posts
Guys, a 1666! Come on, you know better than that. The 224 and the 1666 stretch into postwar from the prewar era. I am sure if you look at some prewar catalogs you will find the metal box tender a 1689 I think, like the Scout. So my question is this, is the botton rear of the cab curved (postwar) or straight ( prewar)?????
I still need to check some references.

PAt myself on the back, the 1689 tender was with type 1. Then the 2689 with the electro magnetic coupler plus others.

The x has something to do with the emblem, Lionel Lines, I think.
The x is with railings. The premium tenders didn't use the x but had railings. According to CCT.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
T-Man,

Good call! Prewar 1666's (with square cab roof) came with the tinplate "coffin style" tenders: 1689W (with whistle), 2689T (with electric coupler), and 2689W (with whistle and electric coupler, I think).

Doyle confirms that the "X" designation for 2466 is in regards to the type of handrail and the type of "Lionel Liones" lettering.

You're spot on here, T-Man!

Cheers,

TJ

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
Guys, a 1666! Come on, you know better than that. The 224 and the 1666 stretch into postwar from the prewar era. I am sure if you look at some prewar catalogs you will find the metal box tender a 1689 I think, like the Scout. So my question is this, is the botton rear of the cab curved (postwar) or straight ( prewar)?????
I still need to check some references.

PAt myself on the back, the 1689 tender was with type 1. Then the 2689 with the electro magnetic coupler plus others.

The x has something to do with the emblem, Lionel Lines, I think.
The x is with railings. The premium tenders didn't use the x but had railings. According to CCT.

They made a 1666 prewar and post war, how do you know he was talking prewar?:confused:
All he said was what tender goes to the 1666?

I guess he dosent really want to know as he never replied back.:rolleyes::D

Are you into mind reading T?

The post war did take the tender we listed.:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lionel tender for eng # 1666

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your replies. I found a box of trains, their were
two engines and one tender. The other engine #2026. Where did the tender
belong. What I would like to know now is what tender goes with 2026 and
if there are any electrical & parts breakdowns for all these items?

Thank you, Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys,
Here is what I found out; Eng. # 2026 has tender # 6466W
Eng. # 1666 Has tender # 2466WT
My question today is, are their any parts breakdowns or wiring diagrams
avilable? Where can I get them?
Thank you, Joe

·
Yard Master & Research
10,691 Posts
Here is the Olsen link to tenders. This library has all the info but cannot be printed. I picked this tender since thmost of them do not have pictures or electrical diagrams. You can search if you want but this is a good representation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great advice & web connections.
I tried to enter then but my security system would not
allow it.

I do not have a spray booth, but someone shared the
shower curtain idea, some years ago. Another thing I
recall, was make sure your exhaust system has an
explosive proof motor.
Take care, Joe

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Another thing I recall, was make sure your exhaust system has an explosive proof motor.
Seriously? Yikes ... I hadn't thought of that. I guess risk of electrical circuits and paint fumes. Good point.

Model Train Creed Rule #1 ... Don't blow up the basement.

TJ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts