Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that if the college teams can't get spring football training done sometime early summer that the college football season may be cancelled. That would be a big time bummer and a huge money loser for other college sports.

Bill

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
What are you talking about? The big carrot top said you'll be up and running by Easter....
President Trump didn't say we'd be up and running by Easter. He said he'd love to see us up and running by then.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Well, frankly, I'm more worried about college education being in jeopardy. The football - not a concern to me.

At work, we think all of the May graduates we've hired will get their degree via remote class attendance and final exams and such. Some of the interms we have who have a year or two of school left or are working on advanced degrees are in a conundrum: they have to take several courses with labs, and you can't do those labs via the web. Not sure if and when the schools will work that out.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I've got a feelin' that this spring is going to turn out to be "the lost semester" for many high schoolers and college students. For HS students in particular, it could affect whether or not they get into college in the fall (assuming that schools/colleges will open "on time" in the fall).

Same for college seniors. Even if they're handed "degrees", I'm wondering if the "class of 2020" is always going to carry a stigma as the years pass...

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I'd love to win the lottery, but we all know how that fantasy will turn out.... :p
The point being, there's enough fake news and misquotes in the media. We don't need more to fuel the fires of division in this world. ☺

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
My one little mis-quote doesn't compare to the stack of plain out and out LIES old carrot top has spewed over this world crisis.....start with that first.....then you can come back and tell me how much my comment has divided the entire world.....

Give me a giant break.......:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts