Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B&M got me thinking. Then a Google Add flashed about a book. So I'm posting about the subject. What do you think are common mistakes? Joining this Forum is definitely not one of them. I am going to start with the obvious,Giving out Bum info here. So correcting my faults I will try to get back some credibility. Second is not reading enough. We get a lot of questions which is good, but sometimes you wonder if they can work a search engine. Third people over lube the Motors and gears. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Giving out Bum info here.
I think that we are all guilty of this at one time or another... That is why I think that people should wait to receive multiple opinions when on a forum before actually doing anything drastic, LOL...

Second is not reading enough. We get a lot of questions which is good, but sometimes you wonder if they can work a search engine.
Boy do I ever wonder, but it gives me the opportunity to learn more about the hobby by researching it myself... Of course I just need to be sure that I am not giving out any bum information in doing so :eek:

I never would have guessed over lubing engines.....
I am sure that there are people out there that just have a field day when lubing up their locos... Then they reap what they sow when it gets all over their track and everything...

·
Registered
42 Posts
mistakes: being in a big rush for results is my problem. I need to take my time and do it right the first time. I should know better by now. What's the big rush? Work in progress is the best part. My layout is small but I believe that it will never be done and that's fine with me

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bob Anderson... bring it!

Anderson has brought a fresh approach to Model Railroading with his text and especially those weekly videos. Everyone has a different opinion of this guy love em or hate em I like what he does. Kalmbach/Model railroad doesn't have to be THE reference source for this hobby. Oh by the way ST Master I went back and used my punctuation to correct my almost fatal flaw....thanks for the correction! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Speaking of not reading enough....does anyone get Bob Anderson's cyber magazine via email? I do and was just wondering if anyone else did. He has some neat stuff in his weekly text.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Anderson has brought a fresh approach to Model Railroading with his text and especially those weekly videos. Everyone has a different opinion of this guy love em or hate em I like what he does. Kalmbach/Model railroad doesn't have to be THE reference source for this hobby. Oh by the way ST Master I went back and used my punctuation to correct my almost fatal flaw....thanks for the correction! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I met Bob at an NMRA convention a few years back. Attended a couple of his seminars. He seems to be genuine and does not project a "holier than thou" attitude. I like the guy. He made reference to all of his blunders, mistakes, and "fubar''s. He gave the understanding that he is NOT perfect.

What correction?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Go to What"s your favorite? post and see my corrections. I forgot to give specifics on my Mallets(Y6b N&W & Y3 Pennsie (and UP Challenger)4-6-6-4. Too late in the evening for me I guess! lol:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts