Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
That some good info to have. I am newbe here and have a K-line 0/027 track. it is small oval track with a engine plus two cars I plan to expand for the grand kids or at least thats my excuse. Anyway I'm thinking of starting with one 4x8 table hanging from a pulley system in my man cave, well maybe two. 8x8 sounds better, but I'm tryin to verify that k-line and lionel track will work together. Really glad I read this forum before i started to buy cars

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess we are all adults here. I am 44yrs old Married, I spent most of my life doing Meth (drugs). I have always been a believer of aliens, and used tell ppl as a joke the mother ship lost my address and i was stuck here. And Meth was my fuel = allienfuel. well the wife and i grew up and cleaned up. that was 10yrs ago. I kept the handle as a reminder of a past life. I now try hard to live a better life. I do a lot of volunteer work to those in need at the church and local food bank, as someone who has been there I can relate. Guess you can say i made peace with the Lord. Took me a while and a lot phone calls, but i made peace with my past demons. I wouldn't change anything about my past, as it would change the entire course of my life. And those experiences make who i am today. And I'm good with the guy in the mirror and believe I am right with the Lord. Judgement day I will find out

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
That some good info to have. I am newbe here and have a K-line 0/027 track. it is small oval track with a engine plus two cars I plan to expand for the grand kids or at least thats my excuse. Anyway I'm thinking of starting with one 4x8 table hanging from a pulley system in my man cave, well maybe two. 8x8 sounds better, but I'm tryin to verify that k-line and lionel track will work together. Really glad I read this forum before i started to buy cars
It would be nice if someone actually answered your question, huh? :rolleyes:

What kind of track Lionel tube track and k line tube track yes it will work together but that would be O scale. The k line O tube track like the Lionel O tube track is a bit higher then O/27 tube track.

See the difference?
lioacc24.gif

Now you are not talking about the k line snap track right?
Lionel has fast track too?
There are more tell.

Let us know what kind your talking about. :smokin:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
It would be nice if someone actually answered your question, huh? :rolleyes:

What kind of track? Lionel tube track and k line tube track yes it will work together but that would be O scale. The k line O tube track like the Lionel O tube track is a bit higher then O/27 tube track.

See the difference?
View attachment 28682

Now you are not talking about the k line snap track right?
Lionel has fast track too?
There are more tell.

Let us know what kind your talking about. :smokin:

I guess not. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
To answer your original question, yes the K-line track you have works just fine with Lionel tubular O27 track. I have both brands myself (plus Marx and maybe others), and they all work together no matter what decade they were made in. Just pay attention to condition if you buy used track. While most track can be returned to usable condition, sometimes it's so corroded or warped that it's not worth the effort. Yours looks practically brand new!

Also note that O and O27 are not the same thing. O27 curves form a circle 27 inches in diameter. O curves form a circle 31 inches in diameter. The two types cannot be easily mixed. Some locomotives and cars require larger diameters than O27 or they will derail. If you look at products on the Lionel or MTH websites, the minimum curve a piece can handle is specified in the description.

·
Admin
44,009 Posts
You should also note that the minimum curve specifications are truly minimum, and even then some of them don't actually function correctly on those curves. Specifically, I've seen the Lionel Three Truck Shay have issues on O31 and O36 track, even though it's supposed to operate on them. Also, I've noted that the Lionel 2-8-0 Consolidation won't run on O36 or O31, even though it's also specified for O31.

Keep in mind that O27 track and switches greatly limits the stuff you can run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So the O and 027 track are the same just tighter turn radius. My 027 cars will work just fine on 0 gauge track right? Now if start to build a larger layout I could use both tracks together just as long as I stay with the 027 cars. Is there a point where I will need more power? I like the size of these 027 cars plus I already have these I would like stay with them, but if 027 limits what i can run maybe i should go with 031 or 036?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the info regarding the size variances between each brand. I will take note of the slight to noticeable differences in size when it comes to each brand when looking into future investments on my upcoming layout project this fall.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The flanges on the prewar wheels are larger than the flanges on the post war wheels. The prewar crossings don't work well with postwar cars, and vice-versa. The crossing carry the same part number, so you have to test them. I haven't tried 022 switches.
My guess is the o22 switches should work fine with the pre-war wheel flange. :dunno:

41 - 60 of 123 Posts