11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing is i had the tiu and the remote they were stolen
I have set up a new display and i cant figure out what i need
Please Help

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
You can't figure out what you need to do what ?

To operate MTH PS-2 or PS-3 locomotives you need a transformer, the TIU, and the remote. You will also need the proper cable / wire to connect the transformer to the TIU and the proper cable / wires to connect the TIU to the track.

Check out the MTH web site for all the details and equipment to set-up DCS if that is what you are inquiring about.

Bill

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't figure out what you need to do what ?

To operate MTH PS-2 or PS-3 locomotives you need a transformer, the TIU, and the remote. You will also need the proper cable / wire to connect the transformer to the TIU and the proper cable / wires to connect the TIU to the track.

Check out the MTH web site for all the details and equipment to set-up DCS if that is what you are inquiring about.

Bill
are the remotes still available ? can i hook it up the old way ?or do I have to use this blastred wifi app to control these?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
A few dealers have both the TIU and handhelds. Nicholas Smith is one. You don't actually need a special cable between the transformer and TIU. The binding posts will accept plain wire. Same to the track. As my setup is temporary I am just using alligator clips from the TIU to the track. On a permanent layout, twisted pair cable would be recommended.
Pete

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
The complete set (TIU and remote) (50-1001) is listed at a few places.

The old remote (50-1002) is also listed at a few places.

The TIU (50-1003) is listed at about 10 places.

The new remote (50-1038) was supposed to be out in April.

Nicholas Smith shows up on MTH for the TIU and old remote, but at Nicholas Smith website, it says out of stock.

I don’t see anything on ebay that I would trust at the moment.

You could probably find a TIU and wait for the new remote. Or go with one of the sets with reduced features. Or try the blasted WIFI.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
There is a user developed but unsupported by mth option to using a PC through a tui. You have to build a little hardware. A few years back I did this and it worked. But I have not kept up with it. I guess I'm not sure you can get by with absolutely no hand held though.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Mark is also the guy who figured out how to alter specific PS2/3 sound files. Check out the link to ADPCM in the above link. With this you could edit out station stops and insert your own using your own voice or your families or friends.
Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts