Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site listed on another forum, www.igshansa.de/igsorg.html. Shortly after, I made this one. Didn't take very long. Printed it out on card stock paper. Since I don't have a good pair of scissors, I used an exacto knife and a 12" metal scale. Added some quickie weathering with some powders to knock off the bright and new look. If I do more I would want to paint lightly the white edges of the cardboard that show. The powders didn't do too well at that. Fun and CHEAP. This is N scale, I'm sure HO would be a little easier to work with.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Love it! I'm amazed at how convincing paper / card-stock models can be, especially for something boxlike like the container. Perfect! And the price couldn't be better!

Thanks,

TJ

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More cardboard containers

Whipped up a couple more of these. With more practice, I think they could be made to look better. From a distance, not to bad, up close, they are what they are. Bottom right container is untouched, left container I used powders on, and the top I dry brushed paint pigments. I think I'll try another group of these adding another piece of card stock to the inside walls to stiffen them up a bit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Ohh ... YOU did the weathering. Very nice! I thought that that was incorporated into the paper print.

I like 'em!

TJ

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
The other thing you can do is if your intermodal container stacks/yard are along your backdrop - you can create background container flats 3 or 4 containers high against your backdrop to make the yard look deeper & appear to have more containers. Print & glue them on 1/4" foam board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts