Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MY LHS has a problem.
He acquired an estate collection and is not sure what wall adapter goes with this building. This is made in HO also so maybe I will get an answer here. I ned to know if it's AC or DC, the voltage output and the polarity on the plug. That is found as an image on the wall adapter. Here is the Walthers link ,a better link
No information is on the box. SOme guesses are 18 volts ac and 12 volts DC.

If you have a similar building let me know what you have. Ths building does use a wall adapter but which one? The make of the adapter would help too! Thanks!

933 2713 is the model number and I understand that Atlas has purchased the tooling for these buildings as in a Jan 2012 CCT article.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, what about the plug polarity? Any ideas?
My friend was cautious and asked me to look into it to prevent any disasters. I kinda like the buiding. I have see just the marques for sale too. Neet stuff.:)

·
Yard Master & Research
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will go with that.

Raleets I did use the number and verified 5 volts DC at .5 amps. Thanks for that number and John you were right.:thumbsup: A german answered my queston on You tube and said he used 9 volts ac. Maybe that is why it was so bright.

Thanks again.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IT's back! I have the Palace on Loan to trouble shoot. Today we lit it up and two signs stayed off. Well, the most important thing to do is NEVER pull the signs. They have a two prong connector attached to them and when they are pulled they get disconnected.

The example.

The electronics package.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,615 Posts
You said on loan to you to trouble shoot?
What is wrong with it?

Or did you just want to see how it works?:p

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,615 Posts
DO they come in O scale? I want one! Whatever it costs it's not enough! :)
Building Diner Bakery Games

You would like this then, it does light up all around, I can't find it lit.
I have seen them anywhere from $350 to $600 and up. O scale
Three layouts inside of it, here is an inside u tube video.

·
Premium Member
16,683 Posts
Alright ... bonehead question time ...

I've heard of the Lionel "Madison Hardware" store before, but that's the first time I've seen a pic of the model. Yes, I know there was an (infamous) Madison Hardware in real life ... I think I have a few parts relics (via Jeff K) from out of there. However, from what I've read, the real Madison Hardware was a little, narrow, but deep hole-in-the-wall deep in the heart of NY somewhere. Nothing at all like the "corner diner" style building depicted above.

What gives? Am I missing something here, or did Lionel take some HUGE liberties in style when they modeled that thing???

(I thought we had some pics of the real Mad Hdwr here on the forum from a while back. I'll have to do a search.)

The real store, as far as I know ...

http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/displayForumTopic/content/12129987930002015/reply/lastReply

(Sorry for the sidetrack, T ... but Ed has me scratching my head on this one ...)

TJ

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,615 Posts
Yes the true Madison Hardware store was a small shop in the city.

This is the Lionel glorified Madison hardware shop. :D

Pretty neat huh?

Did you see the detail in the inside?:thumbsup:

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,615 Posts
A poor picture of the store you can see the size.
It did have high ceilings and had depth to it also.

Building Photography Advertising Street Retail

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,615 Posts
Google search Lionel # 14133

Plenty come up on a search, though I have not tried a e bay search.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That video was neat! :thumbsup:

Now the Palace was plugged in for the first time and two front lights stayed oiff. I took it home and found two plugs that were pulled off . The pieces must have been pulled from the top and replaced. Except the plugs were off by then. I am considering on how to fix some minor damage. A braket is broken that holds the center sign. The small one in front has tops that were bent and do not light up. Minor stuff. I may dressup the ticket booth with a light.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.