Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of i would like to say hello, new to the site. i would like to set up a loop around my basement prob 20x15. i currently have three storebought sets, 2 snap together style ho tracks and one without plastic bottoms. what i would like to know is what i need to purchase for track, what i need to use for power source, the newest kit came with a multi engine programer. im really new at this any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well other than what's been answered so far, the things I can think of are...

Decide DCC or DC, there are slight differences in track control between the two.

Decide if you're going to Prototype or Fun type, meaning are you going to model after a true existing railroad or just use whatever you feel like running. If you do prototype decide on an era and try to stick with it, or you spend alot of money on stuff you don't need.

Get your track laid and trains running and all bugs worked out BEFORE laying down details like dirt, ballast etc....

If you run DC, and are building a 15x20 loop, you MAY have to consider a booster, or you can loop several throttles together and have one a master and the others are slave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts