Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have both lionel and mth o gauge. I can run lionel with the mth transformers with the bell and whistle functions, but i cannot use the lionel transformers on mth. It seems like the mth transformers are more versatile. Also the lionel RTR sets with protosound are cheaper than the lionel ones with the railsounds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am not making any blanket statements. For one the mth z750 does not come with remote. How do i know this, because i bought one from the train store. The one that you are referring to is the z500. That usually comes with the old starter sets. Now as for the lionel CW80 that i also have which came with my polar express, i can get the horn and bell to work but not the announcements. Maybe you can fill me in on what i might be doing wrong with the cw80, because i have no problems accessing these functions with my z750 or z1000 transformers. I have used the mth power packs on my lionel and vice versa. Unfortunately i cannot access the station announcements with the lionel CW80. If i am doing something wrong please let me know. I am very open minded and maybe you know something that i am not aware of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.