Model Train Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
weight (oz) will make it though. ive got some heavy cars being post war. my locos struggle around 7-9 cars with no incline!!!!
so im thinking to know the weight would help.
You'll need to weight them then.....I don't think you'll find the weight any other way....

IMO, weight would not be much of an important category....
yes ill use wifes kitchen food scal... just dont tell her... shhhhh

agreed but would be nice knowing pulling weight...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stock number is the manufacturer's part number, or inventory number....
Sorry, I haven't been here for a couple of days. What Old Hobo said. Many manufacturers use a stock number that is different from the road number on the piece. For example, this K-Line Yuengling boxcar is stock number K-649105 and road number 1829.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excel Inventory

I also keep an inventory of everything I buy. I include the price paid, grade (C-5 etc.), Greenberg catalog value and the date I acquired it. This will make it easier for my heirs to sell it because I don't intend to!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks folks! I’m a Flyer guy, but like mentioned above, this is an all-scale subject, so here’s my take:
I have been working with my spreadsheet for eight years and it seems to work pretty well. It is stead out vertically into eight (8) major categories: Engines, Freight Cars, Passenger Cars, Accessories, Track & Controls, Buildings, Autos/Trucks/Trailers/Tractors, Miscellaneous
Columns are: Description, Date Purchased, Comments, Price Paid, Est. Worth (Greenberg’s)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts