Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started these painting / decal projects about a month ago and it's turned out good so far but I also wanted to create a few of my own decals so I picked up some Testors decal bonder. I haven't bought any decal paper yet that's on my list. What I did do is try to draw up some graffiti. I'm a long way form being an artist so I'll need lots of practice. I've been into magic for years (The Amazing Swal) so I drew up the Swal part and put it on a boxcar with in my computer to test things out.

Swals_box_car_graffiti.jpg

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
So that's a computer graphic overlaid on a photo? That would explain why I thought it was too crisp at first.

Anyway, if that's your own work, you don't need to worry about artistic talent. I think you nailed it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that's a computer graphic overlaid on a photo? That would explain why I thought it was too crisp at first.

Anyway, if that's your own work, you don't need to worry about artistic talent. I think you nailed it.
Yes NH&H that's my try at graffiti. I just wanted to overlay it on a photo to see how it would look. Tomorrow I'm going to buy some Testor's decal paper and do it for real. Then I'll post the results. I hope it works?

I remember switching out cars in the early 70's at Oak Point yard on the NH. I don't recall seeing any graffiti on the cars then. I guess this is a new thing?

George

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You would probably be best off with the white decal paper ... curiosity, do you have an inkjet printer or laser ??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would probably be best off with the white decal paper ... curiosity, do you have an inkjet printer or laser ??
Inkjet - Why is white better? I going to buy some tomorrow. I would like to get it right.
George

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So today I picked up some decal paper and after about 5 tries I finally got one on the car. I won't be doing many. They don't move around easy once their on the car. To much manipulating and the ink starts fading. I 'll just do a couple of the (The Amazing Swal) from my magic days and that's about it.
George

Testors_Decal.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I used Testors decal bonder. I found them hard to get into position once on the car. More so then a normal decal. To much of a pain. My golf membership starts this week I won't be posting much again until October. Nice talking with everyone over the winter. George

1 - 11 of 11 Posts