Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIll one of those model power (or equiv) crossing signal lights work with just a manual switch to turn it on or off, assuming no flashing required? There seem to be no auto pick-ups available for the power loc track so I thought just hook it up through a switch to the a/c connections?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Gordonzo, I can't see any reason it wouldn't. The only issue I can see would be forgetting you have it down and burning out the coil by running it non-stop. Perhaps a spring-loaded switch would be advisable, i.e., you have to keep your finger on it or the gate lifts, again. That way, you can't forget and leave it in action for eternity.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi. Probably a dumb question, but would there be any small sensors available so that when the train approached, it would break the beam and down goes the gate. ??????????????????????

Just wondered.

Jack

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I use a simple flasher circuit from Bakatronics...

...they're easy to assemble, cheap and reliable...I've forgotten to turn them off and they've run 16-18 hours continuously before using up the batteries. It shouldn't be a big deal wiring up Model Power lights to it. I use two circuits adjusted to different flash rates in my patrol cars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts