Model Train Forum banner

CSX harper ferry derailment

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike Keester 
#1 ·
CSX lost a couple cars to the Potomac this morning. Fortunately they were empty, no one hurt.

Water Water resources Bridge Reservoir Waterway

Water Water resources Reservoir Bridge River

See less See more
#5 ·
I agree that you put it in the correct sub-forum, Bob, but Dave did have a link to video! :laugh:

But nobody said we have to read only one news source! :smilie_daumenpos:

#6 ·
I think more look at the Union Station then North America forum.

And the North American forum is to " Discuss Canadian and American Prototype railways."

Prototype means a first, typical or preliminary model of something, especially a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.

Therefor, I would think that Union Station is the place for this thread. :cool::cool:

#8 ·
Prototype means a first, typical or preliminary model of something, especially a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.
Hey Big Ed :smilie_daumenpos:

Using the definition "typical", I would think that would apply to what we see in railroads today, having been derived from the original. Therefore "North America" refers to today's trains.

Also, "Union Station" specifically says "off-topic discussions". The topic of this forum is trains, so trains don't belong in Union Station.

Just jerking your chain, Ed! LOL :smilie_auslachen:

#7 ·
But I see that most of the threads posted in that forum have nothing to do with the, Discuss Canadian and American Prototype railways.

I guess that the Discuss Canadian and American Prototype railways should be excluded from the title of that forum.

As very little is posted about any prototypes. :smokin:

#12 ·
pro·to·type
/ˈprōdəˌtīp/
noun
noun: prototype; plural noun: prototypes

a first, typical or preliminary model of something, especially a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.
"the firm is testing a prototype of the weapon"
-----------------------------------------------------
Thusly, model of original

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.