Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on how the dapol track cleaning car works? I understand that there are different solvents and what not you can use to do the same thing but I have some very hard to reach areas on my layout that I’m having issues with. I’ve seen the YouTube videos and haven’t found a bad review yet but that doesn’t mean that is everyone’s opinion. I like the idea of the vacuum that’s incorporated into the car. And also anyone that has used one how bad is a dcc install on them

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Personally? I'd wrap a rag around a yardstick to clean the hard to get spots and dispense with the track cleaning car.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s the least favorite part about model railroads to me is cleaning track though and I also still have paint on some of the rail heads that it would buff off more than likely. It would be easier to keep my track clean if I just pulled that cleaning car through my layout a few times while swapping the attachments around. Maybe I’m just lazier than others but that’s the worst part of maintaining my layout other than keeping atlas switch points clean enough to conduct but that’s a different story for a different day

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
It gets good reviews on RMWeb.com

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I talked wifey into it for my birthday as my present. I have a super cool wife!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts