Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I am happy to report layout progress and a name for my railroad. After 3 N scale, 2 HO scale and 1 G scale outdoor layout, I am deep into construction and track laying on my O scale layout. I made many mistakes( but learned from them) on my prior 6 layout attempts. The G scale and 1 of the N scale layouts actually had trains running, the others never made it to that point. My O scale layout started with converting a portion of my wood shop into a train layout. I built all the interior walls and added twice to my original wall additions to arrive at my current layout size. I now have about 30 % of total floor space left for my wood shop. The DB(Initials from my name) and the I is for Interchange. Rather than focus on running a few railroads, I decided to have a small Interchange railroad with many other railroads, and leasing companies interchanging on my railroad layout.
I added excursion passenger trains with steam locos because it fit well with my theme and makes me happy too. LOL. After starting with three basic loops of track I found myself yearning for some prototypical switching operations. I added a second town and ore processing plants with two mines on the layout and the other mines "off the layout" with my second layout expansion.
Architecture Urban design Condominium Tower block Window

Building sets Urban design Lego Engineering Toy
Train Track Wood Engineering Transport hub
Wood Table Floor Flooring Hardwood

. I use Lionel FastTrack with Lionchief locos. I did add some Lionchief Plus and 2.0 locos to get electro couplers as they facilitate switching operations quite well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts