Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
it's not that hard to do .... main thing to remember is that the motor brushes [ while the leads are unsoldered] need to be isolated from the motor case and / or the loco chassis ..
easy to hook up the second light on the tender, easier than fishing the leads through to the front, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
I used a DZ123 in my Bachmann 0-6-0 project, until I decided I wanted sound, then went to an SDN136PS. The DZ123 worked very well. Just make sure the stall current on your locomotive isn't more than the decoder can handle. Otherwise you'll let the magic smoke out of the decoder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need to hide/disguise the wires...and buy smaller diameter heat shrink tubing.
554437
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next up is a much larger Mantua 4-6-2.
LED lights installed first.
Motor brush isolated from frame.
554438
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mantua in testing mode, need to clean up wiring.
Replace the 16-gauge LED headlight wire with some headphone wire.
The speed control (back EMF) does not work, MRC-XLsystem sound board
XL 0001911.
Could be because it is the open frame 3-pole motor

554863

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:mad:
The decoder stopped 'chuffing'.
Makes all the other noises, and runs motor and lights.
Reset it to defaults, no joy.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top