Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. I have several LGB Engines that I'd Like to convert / add DCC motion , lights and sound decoders . Also I am just reentering the HO Scale again. Want to be able to run DCC with this new HO Stuff My question. Does any one recommend a DCC Controller ( Manufacturer ) that I Can use for either my G Scale or My HO Railroads. Also want to control switch mechanisms with this same controller.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
All DCC systems will provide the control that you need. Some work much better and offer more features than others.
One tip of advice though, if ya go with the cheapest system out there, you will be disappointed in short order and will have to go back to buy another one. Another point to consider is support. If ya want to buy the Super zippy Albert's DCC system, he may be the only one this side of the Mongolian mountain range that understands it.
Digitrax is the mainstay and prolly the most popular of systems so you would have more available support for it. ESU is a rising star with lots of features that go far beyond what the majority of model railroaders understand. NCE gets a honorable mention for popularity though they boast fewer steps to go through for some of the basic operations. After ya learn the system you'll realize that's a pointless advertisement unless you have a extremely severe learning problem and can't handle operating a vending machine for a can of Pepsi.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Before running a G scale locomotive with a system designed for HO, N, and smaller scales I would check the current draw on the G locomotive.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.