Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the DCC Remote, TIU, and AIU. I'm having multiple issues. The remote is tempermental; i often get out range while standing within a few feet of the TIU. The batteries are brand new, but I checked them anyway and they are fine. Other times I dont get the out of range notification, but nothing happens when i push the command buttons. Any suggestions? My bigger issue is that when I hook up any buildings to any accessory ports on the AIU and press the "on" button the lights come on for a split second and go off. I am pressing the correct "on" button not "act" button. Could it be a programming issue? Help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dcs

I stated my equiptment wrong. Its actually the MTH DCS System. Remote #50-1002. I did copy it into another area, new to mrr and o gauge in hopes of someone seeing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DCS issues

Ok, so I spoke directly to an MTH technician. I was on hold for a little while but they were very helpful and patient. If anyone else experiences this, it seems that the newest version of MTH TIU's that were sent out had software glitches that prevented the ACC ports from working properly. All you need to do to fix is download an update from mthtrains.com. The reception issue can be solved by removing the cover and exposing the antena of the tiu.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
alroadking,
Just for your future reference, DCS and DCC are 2 completely different animals. They don't work the same or have any of the same equipment.
So when you ask questions don't refer to your system as DCC.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts