Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the latest TIU and remote and I'm trying to reset a PS2 engine to work with the remote commander. I've reset engines quite a few times but for some reason it is not working today. Here's what I've been doing

1. Place engine to reset on the track
  2. add engine to the remote. in this case it shows as spot 43
  3. go to advanced and choose engine factory reset
  4. engine "resets" and is removed from remote
Pull the engine off the layout and try it with the remote commander. It's clearly in DCS mode but engine stays dead. I put the engine back on the main layout and search and it finds it at spot 43 and the engine is clearly not reset. I've tried doing the feature reset before the factory reset with the same thing. It shows up back in spot 43 and all of the settings are still there. I checked the info on the engine and it shows the battery as good and it works fine in the full dcs system. This engine has worked with the remote commander before so no idea what's going on.

I also tried a different ps2 engine and it won't reset either. Really strange. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I figured it out. I just got a reset to stick. I had to start the engine up, put it in forward, move it a bit and then stop and shut down. Then I did the reset and the reset stuck. I guess the engine has to be powered up and moved before reset. Going to try that with the other engine now. Odd

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the correct engine. I tried it like 5 times before figuring out I had to start it up and move it before resetting. At least with my DCS unit the reset does not seem to take unless it's moved out of the initial startup. I think my steps from now on will be

1. place engine on track
2. search for engine if it's not already in the unit
3. start engine up and move it forward
4. perform factory reset
5. remove from track.

I've tried resetting my other 2 engines the same way and it worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts