Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am really curious about the plaster building. Is it a kit or are you using hydrocal in a mold you made of the building sides in wood? I like the idea of plaster but a bit unforgiving if you screw it up sculpting it. I like the details on the subway stairwell too...pretty neato!!! Thanks in advance for sharing.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That looks like an extremely high end quality kit, like FSM.
One question though, presuming that’s a NYC subway entrance, I thought they were always green with a green or red globe light.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dioramas are not prototypical. As for the paint scheme I cannot answer that. Nor can I comment on the globes. There will be two pedestrian stairwells. One near the station with an imaginary tunnel leading to the platform stairwell.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That looks like an extremely high end quality kit, like FSM.
One question though, presuming that’s a NYC subway entrance, I thought they were always green with a green or red globe light.
I spent years on NYC subways from mid 60s to mid 70s and I recalled the very specific green color but not the lights. A quick Google search revealed that is exactly right. Thanks. Yep, memory is shot 🙄.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nice!
Having seen your other dioramas… one of these days you’ll have to post a photo of all the “names you’ve been taking.” Aaron, Alex, Andrew, Anton…

1 - 20 of 31 Posts