Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I am really curious about the plaster building. Is it a kit or are you using hydrocal in a mold you made of the building sides in wood? I like the idea of plaster but a bit unforgiving if you screw it up sculpting it. I like the details on the subway stairwell too...pretty neato!!! Thanks in advance for sharing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Pretty neat to see the little things that you put into your builds, like textured walls, wainscoting, and floorboards.
Seeing the lamp on the desk got me thinking.....
How you would proceed with wall outlets and light switches? Maybe paper facimiles or fine tip pen drawing. Wonder if thin sytrene could be used? Or course you could go with wire and knob too...that would really date the piece.
You do amazing renderings, thanks for sharing and can't wait to see another masterpiece finished...what a fun build!

·
Registered
708 Posts
The devil is in the details and for me, the details are the most fun!
Looking realistic! I would love to see it photographed outside in a forced perspective.
Works like Micheal Paul Smith are pretty cool and add that crisp outdoor element in the final presentation.

I think your work in model building is master pieces just waiting to be forced in awesome perspectives!
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your work! Keep it coming!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would love to see all your hard work on a train layout. Maybe you can find and share a video the club made with some of your work in plain view?I do enjoy your thread here and your posts on your builds, real quality stuff. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts