Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 322 new york cental cheap it runs need good cleaning parts missing trying to find parts list and diagram the tender has the smoke unit in it took tender apart nothing in side like i said paid 20. Maybe better off looking for tender but anyone tell me were i can locate . diagrams. Thanks

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Picked up a 322 new york cental cheap it runs need good cleaning parts missing trying to find parts list and diagram the tender has the smoke unit in it took tender apart nothing in side like i said paid 20. Maybe better off looking for tender but anyone tell me were i can locate . diagrams. Thanks
A smoke in tender for your Hudson is not cheap, but can be found on ebay..Figure on spending upwards to $50 bucks, maybe cheaper. You can also sometimes find just the chassis with the smoke unit.. Shells for the tender are around $20 or so.If you can, find a copy of the K-Line re-issue American Flyer Repair Manual. It has about 90% of all the wiring diagrams, operating instructions, and parts numbers you'll ever need. It's a must. My wife and younger son bought me a copy years ago and I use it exclusively.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,497 Posts
Click to make larger, click again to make it larger yet.
I can't find the parts number reference page, I will look again.

American-Flyer-Model-322-Locomotive-and-Tender-with-Piston-Type-Smoke-and-Choo-Choo-Unit.jpg

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,497 Posts

I think that one 322 locomotive has a smoke unit in it, but there is another 322 with no smoke unit, as that one came with the smoker in the tender.

Maybe one of the Flyer guys will verify this when they log on.

Can't find any reference for a parts chart to match up the numbers to.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
I think that one 322 locomotive has a smoke unit in it, but there is another 322 with no smoke unit, as that one came with the smoker in the tender.

Maybe one of the Flyer guys will verify this when they log on.

Can't find ant reference for a parts chart to match up the numbers to.
Some Hudsons didn't have a smoke unit either Big Ed..The parts diagram is great, Big Ed, and if anyone needs a part # from it, get hold of me and I'll give you the part #.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I don't know of any wiring diagram of the smoke in tender unit, but Portlines.com has 2 repair clinics;#35 and #51 that tell how to repair one, and the differences between the 1946 and 1947 smoke in tender units. As flyernut suggests, your best bet is to pick up a complete tender unit if possible and proceed from there.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,497 Posts
Don't know if this will help someone but here it is,

steamwiring.jpg

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Most of my trains would not be running without that wiring diagram ED.
Thanks for posting. Someone will need it.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,497 Posts
You guys should have a sticky thread to post things like this.
Then the new guys wouldn't have to search.

Heck, I searched while typing this.
You DO have a sticky for help, Reckers started it before he quit. Where I got that diagram is in there, but you have to search for it.

Your sticky thread just needs some organization to it. :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ditto!! These diagrams taught me how to repair engines!!

Yep taught me too. That diagram is priceless when it comes to wiring. I got one copy in one of those 3 holed clear vinyl holders or whatever they are called, taped to a piece of cardboard hanging on the wall and another in my 3 ring binder of repair diagrams. It was downloaded in color for each wire. With each wire in the diagram being colored, it is even easier to follow the wires.

Kenny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts