Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
11,862 Posts
You are asking about company policy. Normally I suggest going to the TCA.

If the set came with a booklet, the 6019 would be explained there.
I do not know the history of the instruction sheet.
I have an original 153c instruction that was folded to 3 by seven. The dimensions of the box?
It did have a 1958 print date.
So look for instructions that are folded to fit the box with a 1947 print date.

If I may ask? If you have an unused set. How could an instruction sheet be missing? It seems unlikely.
If the sheet was made in the early years of the magnetic truck, it would stand to reason to include it in the box.
Company policy may have dictated to do it to only items sold separately.
Sorry I cannot answer your question.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,862 Posts
Just digging. Your set is O gage and uses the ucs track. Bing images had an instruction page on the 6019/ucs printed in 1952. Your set was made in 46 about the time the magnetic coupler was introduced. 1946 was also introducing the Scout set. I am not sure if the Scout set had O or 027 track. Magnetic couplers were added to staple end trucks between 46 and 48. In 1948 027 was strong in sets. 221,1646 1666 engines were offered.

A UCS was offered on ebay from 1949 with dated sheet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T-man Where did you get your wrong info? Lionel Set 2125WS was produced in spring 1947 with a 2nd production run in fall. The loco instructions are dated April 1947. See p. 34 in David Doyle’s book “Lionel Train Sets”. All Scout sets were O-27 because they were the low end starter sets. And the first magnetic coupler set did not come out in 1946, but 1945 (Set 463W). The original question was about instruction sheet for RCS (remote control section) for uncoupling and operating cars like 3459 automatic dump ore car. Please stay on subject T-man. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are asking about company policy. Normally I suggest going to the TCA.

If the set came with a booklet, the 6019 would be explained there.
I do not know the history of the instruction sheet.
I have an original 153c instruction that was folded to 3 by seven. The dimensions of the box?
It did have a 1958 print date.
So look for instructions that are folded to fit the box with a 1947 print date.

If I may ask? If you have an unused set. How could an instruction sheet be missing? It seems unlikely.
If the sheet was made in the early years of the magnetic truck, it would stand to reason to include it in the box.
Company policy may have dictated to do it to only items sold separately.
Sorry I cannot answer your question.
The 1019 special track came in 1947 O-27 sets, the RCS came in 1947 O sets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T-Man Lionel produced thousands of train sets in 1947 so it is not unreasonable to think an error was made in not placing one instruction sheet in the box. Also Lionel in 1947 always “intended” to place operating instruction sheets in sets as well as operations cars/locos for separate sale. Thank you.

·
Yard Master & Research
11,862 Posts
I do not dispute your facts. I reviewed a couple of sources that were related to the subject.
I did not go off track, your question included the 1069 an 027 track section.
My facts are, I never found an earlier Instruction sheet prior to 1949.The USC and 1069 were on the sheet.

You have to admit the time period is interesting with magnetic couplers, 027 track, the magnetic uncoupling track.
Just instruction sheets themselves have a history.

Thank you for the information, to review my answer. If you have a mint set how could the instruction sheet not be there. The logical answer would be it was never put in. I think it would be silly to think it was there and think that it was the only item removed

BTW Welcome to the Model Train Forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not dispute your facts. I reviewed a couple of sources that were related to the subject.
I did not go off track, your question included the 1069 an 027 track section.
My facts are, I never found an earlier Instruction sheet prior to 1949.The USC and 1069 were on the sheet.

You have to admit the time period is interesting with magnetic couplers, 027 track, the magnetic uncoupling track.
Just instruction sheets themselves have a history.

Thank you for the information, to review my answer. If you have a mint set how could the instruction sheet not be there. The logical answer would be it was never put in. I think it would be silly to think it was there and think that it was the only item removed

BTW Welcome to the Model Train Forum.
T-Man: My original question for this thread mentioned a "RCS" versus 6019 instruction sheet not as you state "1069" - Lionel never made a special track No. 1069 that I am aware of so I have no idea where your are coming from. You may want to proof read before posting in the future. Why the instruction sheet is missing is irrelevant in my mint set. I'm still looking for information about it.

I was hoping someone on this site could answer my question. Thank you.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,832 Posts
T-Man: My original question for this thread mentioned a "RCS" versus 6019 instruction sheet not as you state "1069" - Lionel never made a special track No. 1069 that I am aware of so I have no idea where your are coming from. You may want to proof read before posting in the future. Why the instruction sheet is missing is irrelevant in my mint set. I'm still looking for information about it.

I was hoping someone on this site could answer my question. Thank you.
Because someone forgot to include the instructions in the box? :rolleyes:
I would toss the whole set now without them it is worthless. 😎

Reactions: Millstonemike

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
... I would toss the whole set now without them it is worthless. 😎
"Let me tell you something, my dear. Those instructions were written by a fellow in Japan when they made this damn thing. They were probably translated by some ****** who was an expatriate American that couldn't get a job in this country. And then the Japanese guy probably translated him just to double check on him. You don't need these instructions. Not at all. Tear them up. "

Clint Eastwood as Dr. Frank Corvin from the 2000 movie "Space Cowboys".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.