Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT BUY from Digital Dynamics www.digitdynam.com. Horrible communication and shipping takes 3 weeks or more. If you have issues very slow and bad communication!! He won't return calls rarely returns emails. Won't even return emails about shipping tracking numbers. Definitely does not include tracking in his invoice emails. Stick with www.electricrr.com they are a great addition to Lionel. If you have any questions let me know. Jason :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand being a one man shop but in this economy you should strive to communicate. Especially if someone asks a simple question. Just wanted to spread the word and this is the only way I knew how.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well good luck. I purchased new sound setups for my Atlas O BN GP-15 and a Williams U33C. They sound good but definitely did not like dealing with him. Well I hope you can get what you need done. At least you are closer to go see him in person.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read about bad communication from DD. I have contacted them several times just about tech questions not even having purchased anything and have been answered within two days. One thing with DD as apposed to ERR, they do have a small 4 amp driver board to use with the ac motors and it will fit in AF post war GPs. I do have a number of the boards from ERR and have been more than satisfied with their service and products. I think they both have their place in the hobby and supply some slightly different needs.
Ray

·
Registered
39 Posts
You should look at the Mini Commander 2 at ERR, it's the same kind of product. It's longer than the Motor Mite from DD, but it's also only 1" wide vs 1.5" wide.
Hi Gunrunnerjohn,
I own several of the Mini Commander 2s and yes the size is right but it is rated at 2 amps dc where as the Motor Mite is rated at 4 amps and you can get it configured for ac or dc. The post war A F motors for the most part were ac universal meaning they could operate on ac or dc but their amperage draw will cook the Mini Commander. Mini 2 is a great product and I am happy with the ones I have but their is places where they will not work. I have had quite a few conversations with both John and Ken at ERR and know from them that some time in the future they may develop a small ac driver board but it is not there yet.
Ray

·
Admin
44,804 Posts
Well, it's impossible to have a conversation with Ed at DD, since you can never get a response to an email or anything but a canned message on the phone!

Sorry, but I have to agree with the OP on this point, just for the support part alone, I have to steer clear of them.

·
Admin
44,804 Posts
Well, when I buy from most mail-order places, I get the stuff pretty quickly. Rarely more than a couple days go by before I get orders from places like The Train Tender, Mouser, DigiKey, etc. eBay is more variable, usually a week to 10 days, but occasionally it stretches out to several weeks.

·
Admin
44,804 Posts
To wrap up this thread. I actually did finally receive my board back from Digital Dynamics, and my Phantom locomotive is back together again and making spooky sounds! :D

They're slow, but they did deliver, and he fixed if for $45 total, including return shipping. Cheaper than buying a replacement board, which I was facing if I couldn't fix this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts