Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are dying to be in a moving cab this very minute; that you'de l o v e a locomotive ride today, YouTube: "From Pedra do Sino to Joaquim Murtino on the GEC36-7"...
It's the closest you possibly could get to the real thing !!! You'll see what I mean; especially when train is at speed.
I just rode it and can honestly say it's one of the better vid cab rides..I mean quality-wise you can almost feel the cool overcast-day's breeze in your face (especially if you are the engineer and ya gotz da door open) M......馃洡馃寗馃尩

Registered
When I googled that it said no results found...

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
馃搶
Sorry gang..Was right there on my YouTube home page...Then try: Michael R. Silva (author, but doesn't say that).
If you do get it, please see my posts below it....
Good hunting this time....M

Registered
Well, I tried that and got nothing. If you can't post a link, I don't want to go hunting...I give up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Fire21 !! Sorry to hear that ! Mysterious !! I just now finished watching the entire hour-something !! Just beautiful !
I Don't get why it's not in front of anyone else..I'm tech-lame about link stuff. But I'll see if I can post something later..
Going offline now..
Your loss, Snarky ! M

Registered
Refugee, thanks for finding the video...it was kinda fun.

Telltale, sorry for the snark. I'm not that techy myself and find my time usually spent for naught when I try to do techy things like searching for unknowns.

Interesting that at about 53 minutes we see a bunch of locos stored on a side track. Not as big a storage yard as we've seen in the U.S., but I counted 20 of them.

Registered
I have found dozens and dozens of locomotive cab ride videos on YouTube, from many, many railroads.....

All you have to do is search......

Registered
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Old Snark Bark. First you say "I have my own car" and so "I don't ride in cabs" (read: I don't do cab ride videos).
Why do you say that, then next post say "I've found dozens of locomotive cab rides." ?........
Which one is it ? You can't have it both ways...

Registered
Take it easy tattletale, I can have it any way I want, I don鈥檛 need your permission....

But you read it wrong.....I didn't say I don鈥檛 do cab ride videos.....I was joking that I don鈥檛 ride in cabs (taxis), I have a car.....get it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
馃搶
~But EVERYBODY KNOWS the part of the the automobile where you drive it from is the cab !!! There was even a Detroit made car named a Cab Forward (Did they know it was first a 4-6-6-4 ?). Cab is short for cabin. Any motor vehicle control area can be the cab, even a cockpit, because it technically is a cab[in] for the crew....
~So this knocked the inkling of humor out of your word play, and at the same time lent an impression therefore that you don't do cabs; railroad cab-ride-wise, videos ! Get it ?
This in turn lead me to wonder which one it was with Mr. Snarky Malarkey.
~Conclusion: Make sure you write out your story so that its intention is clear to all...When it's vague it causes misunderstandings..And this is what you did !!

~Now you take it easy Old_Hobo(ken New Jersey) and let it go already, already ! No one's forcing you to do ANYTHING ! You're attempting to turn common club house banter and gallows humor into a war of words. And I'm too old for that....

~I am not a tattletale, leave alone wonder: Do you know what my moniker 'telltale' is derived from ?

Registered
You鈥檙e the one that needs to let it go.....you started this flare-up....try not to be so anal.....

If you are going to call people names, then be prepared to get some back....so if I am Old snark bark, you are tattletale.....seems like a fair trade.... :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
But you didn't answer the question !! Guess you didn't immediately know the answer or you'd have posted it...That's OK. Take all the time you need..It's just trains (hint hint), Mr Snarky Barky.
Your pen pal, tattletale.....

Registered
But you didn't answer the question !! Guess you didn't immediately know the answer or you'd have posted it...That's OK. Take all the time you need..It's just trains (hint hint), Mr Snarky Barky.
Your pen pal, tattletale.....
So what was the question again?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts