Please share

Enon

·
Registered
583 Posts
ive thought of stuff like this in my head... always wondered.. so

subscribed..

wonder if a mild sandpaper would work..
or mix sand with glue and put it down???

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Well, a truly dirt road, (as opposed to gravel, I have some of those and used fine ballast), I would start with a flat area, cover it thinly with spackling, smooth it out with a wet paper towel, then gently put some ruts and a few puddles in there. paint in light brown, with a drop of too of polyurethane of other dries hard and clear and glossy paint in each puddle.

If it were me I would experiment on a scrap board or something beforehand on how to make ruts, etc.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, a truly dirt road, (as opposed to gravel, I have some of those and used fine ballast), I would start with a flat area, cover it thinly with spackling, smooth it out with a wet paper towel, then gently put some ruts and a few puddles in there. paint in light brown, with a drop of too of polyurethane of other dries hard and clear and glossy paint in each puddle.

If it were me I would experiment on a scrap board or something beforehand on how to make ruts, etc.
wow Spackle!!!!! didnt think of that for dirt. i was thinking that would be good for concrete highway... :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Hobo for Life
6,243 Posts
Ive used real dirt, and cooked it in the oven first to kill anything off. Run a magnet through it also, just in case. Apply white glue and done.

The spackel does make a nice paved road. I tried to mix paint into it , but had to paint it anyway. It dryed too light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts