Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in Ohio, or, in adjacent state, near the border, get to a Giant Eagle supermarket that sells wine, and buy Ferrante wine (made from a vineyard in Geneva, Ohio). It is sold in many flavors, with something to surely, satisfy your pallet. We usually make a trip over to Steubenville from here in south west Pennsylvania twice a year just to stock up. This is GOOD wine, and it is not expensive.

Well, I hope you can find some and try it, because you will probably become a fan. We just had a nice Italian pasta meal prepared by Vija (who is NOT Italian) and it was made sooo much better with a nice bottle of Ferrante Rosso wine, and, I am feeling no pain just now.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Wine would be my second hobby along with S gauge trains. The two hobbies do not conflict and the wine can be enjoyed during an evening operating session. My wife also shares an interest in wine. My family has vacationed in Geneva on the Lake since the late 1930's beginning with my grandparents. For the past 15 years we get back there about every three years from California, this was to be our year. The reservations were all made for mid July but we reluctantly decided to cancel them two weeks ago due to the Covid19 risks. I have been tasting the northern Ohio wines on each trip and agree they are improving in recent years. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts