Model Train Forum banner

Do you think Model Railroader is worth the money?

• Yes, I get both Print and Digital editions

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yes, but I only get Print editions

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Yes, but I only get Digital editions

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Maybe, but I am considering not renewing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Not any more, there are plenty of other places to find similar content online

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Going with the flow.

I know MR and others had many ads, articles, big listing of dealers and show schedules but like all things going to the internet, times always change. Our club had every issue of MR since 1947 and some in binders that were just taking up room in the club house and no one wanted to keep a few. Out they went to the recyclers. Even tho we are slowly losing hobby shops left and right, one can get anything we need within a few days or so by going online. We do adjust or fade away. Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
I quit MR long ago, as I would get the magazine, and put it on the shelf and never read it. I was subscribed to MRH, but mt last issue is Sept. 2012. I might look into getting issues from them again if it's still free.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
I quit MR long ago, as I would get the magazine, and put it on the shelf and never read it. I was subscribed to MRH, but mt last issue is Sept. 2012. I might look into getting issues from them again if it's still free.
It is. You don't get issues pushed to you, though. Just an e-mail that tells you it's out there. And i have to say, if I had to limit myself to one periodical, that would be it.

I think you'll find they've changed quite a bit (for the better) in 5 years.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I re-signed up at MRH, now when I'm bored, and don't feel like doing much else, I can go
thru back issues, and download the ones I want to keep. :)

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
My daughter (grandson) gets me a subscription, but if I had to get it myself, I would not. Of course, I would never tell them that....:)

I used to get every issue back in the 1980s and 1990s, but quit when I had no place to keep them. they were good back then, a lot thicker than now.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts