Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello evreybody I am back with another question. So I am looking at kato N scale layout plans I could use on my 4X8 layout due to the fact SCARM the layout making software I am trying to use is very difficult when it comes to measurements and trying to figure out how big my curve is. I searched the kato Burbank & Babylon RR on google and I saw images that show that there are inclines the link to the kato website is here http://www.katousa.com/track-plans/burbank-babylon.html . I do not know if I need to buy seperate riser due to the fact it says that layout has bridges, it has inclines, but it does not say in the description there are risers I need to buy. I have looked on google and I can not find anything about it. If you have any better suggestions on what track plans to use or how to make a track plan please reply to this post. And no I am not going to post pictures yet because all I have so far is a blank wooden table but once I start making progress I will. Thank you for reading this and if you have any knowlege on my question please tell me

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
Hi, Traindude,

Hopefully I can help, but I'm not sure I understand your question. The track plan you selected is one that you build with the materials listed on the page you linked to. To the best of my knowledge, there is no prepackaged set of track for this particular layout, only Kato Unitrack sets that contain different items.

Kato's Single Track Viaduct Set, P/N 20-861-1 appears to contain more than enough pieces than you would need for that layout -- in fact, probably so many extras that it's not worth buying the whole set. Each of the double hashes across the track indicates the location of one pier, with the graduation (s thru 5) shown in the circle. One set of risers (p/n 23-015) does not come with enough level 5 piers, so you would also need one set of 23-017.

The Viaduct track pieces have a simulated steel support for raised track. No additional support is necessary. You simply put the piers under the track joints. You could also do the same thing with foam or plywood and plaster cloth, if you wanted an enclosed slope as opposed to the open piers (except where other track crosses under, obviously).

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts