Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 nice pairs of turn-outs I'd like to pass on. All lights work in both the turn-out tower and the controls. The paint is off on some of the controller bulbs but that's not a big deal..I also have a good running Hudson, no smoke or choo choo, but has a head-light, plus 3 common freight cars with minor flaws, just runners, and a circle of track.. I also have a repaint 302AC with the usual options, choo choo, smoke, and head-light, good runner/smoker, plus 3 common cars and a circle of track...$120 for the turn-outs +, $100 for the Hudson set +, and $50 for the 302AC set..Need some Christmas money for the grand-kids, and this stuff is just collecting dust.
001.JPG

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have 3 nice pairs of turn-outs I'd like to pass on. All lights work in both the turn-out tower and the controls. The paint is off on some of the controller bulbs but that's not a big deal..I also have a good running Hudson, no smoke or choo choo, but has a head-light, plus 3 common freight cars with minor flaws, just runners, and a circle of track.. I also have a repaint 302AC with the usual options, choo choo, smoke, and head-light, good runner/smoker, plus 3 common cars and a circle of track...$120 for the turn-outs +, $100 for the Hudson set +, and $50 for the 302AC set..Need some Christmas money for the grand-kids, and this stuff is just collecting dust. View attachment 547229
Hi Loren! How are you? I hope you and your family are doing well. Am I too late for the Hudson set?
PM me when you get time
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Don, you are not too late for the Hudson set, and for you I'll knock the price down a smidgen. The cab has been re-numbered, and the fingers will need to be adjusted. I just don't have the time to mess with it further, I just got out of the hospital yesterday for a angiogram, my hands are still mysteriously swollen, and I'm cleaning out some stuff that's just laying around.It does run great, but the fingers MUST be adjusted.. The turn-outs I have are VERY nice...the 302AC runs and smokes like crazy.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
CLEANUP IN AISLE 4.
Title...... :giggle:

You still trying to entice me into getting a few S trains?
I am holding out for the top shelf trains. :D
Didn't sell yet?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Those turnouts are top shelf Ed. I have a lot of top shelf Gilbert items including some MSOB items. How much money do you have?
By the way, those HO boxes are interesting, the piece numbers are 1949, but the packaging appears to be for an assemble yourself car kit. Kits were not cataloged in 1949 so maybe these large flat boxes were used for assembled cars in 1949.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Don, you are not too late for the Hudson set, and for you I'll knock the price down a smidgen. The cab has been re-numbered, and the fingers will need to be adjusted. I just don't have the time to mess with it further, I just got out of the hospital yesterday for a angiogram, my hands are still mysteriously swollen, and I'm cleaning out some stuff that's just laying around.It does run great, but the fingers MUST be adjusted.. The turn-outs I have are VERY nice...the 302AC runs and smokes like crazy.
thank you Loren! I’m sorry you’re not feeling well right now. I hope that all gets cleared up for you.
Those turn-outs are beautiful! The 302 looks great too, but I will take the Hudson! No rush on this! Send it when you feel better, please.
Take care, my friend!
Don

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Those turnouts are top shelf Ed. I have a lot of top shelf Gilbert items including some MSOB items. How much money do you have?
By the way, those HO boxes are interesting, the piece numbers are 1949, but the packaging appears to be for an assemble yourself car kit. Kits were not cataloged in 1949 so maybe these large flat boxes were used for assembled cars in 1949.
It is not a money problem, it is room.
My N scale... Ed's N Scale
My HO...... Some of my HO/ all packed for now.

My O collection is quite large. I don't think I every got them all together to list. I don't have a lot of the new fancy trains but a lot of older Lionel.
The HO I packed away a long time ago.
The N is explained in the thread.

Though I do think about getting a loop and some S trains occasionally.
I always talk myself out of it.

So for me it is room not the $$$$$$$.

One thing is that I can trust is the seller,........ if I do decide to purchase some it will be from a trusted source.

Reactions: flyernut

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
No doubt you can trust Flyernut. Adding another scale might not be the best idea. It is a shame to have all those older original trains and no place to run a few of them.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
I am working on something. I do have a small table for the N.
If I get rid of some junk and a bar in the far back corner of my basement, then I would have room for my HO.
Maybe HO run with the N? I don't know right now.
Got to sell the bar, it came out of a tavern and is old. I would never be able to toss it.
The guy that was putting it in never finished. He cut it too get in the house then mated it back together.
But never finished the top and the inside of it. He was setting it up for a stainless sink with the tray feed. The kind that is in a bar.
The wife took the sink to Florida after she sold the house to me.
She wouldn't part on the sink. !

I do have a table set up (sort of) for my O.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CLEANUP IN AISLE 4.
Title...... :giggle:

You still trying to entice me into getting a few S trains?
I am holding out for the top shelf trains. :D
Didn't sell yet?
You'll never get the top shelf stuff, but you'll get pretty darn close.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you Loren! I’m sorry you’re not feeling well right now. I hope that all gets cleared up for you.
Those turn-outs are beautiful! The 302 looks great too, but I will take the Hudson! No rush on this! Send it when you feel better, please.
Take care, my friend!
Don
Don, $100 bucks, and that includes shipping..ok??..Please remember, the fingers will need some adjusting, I can't remember if I put new fingers in this one or not, but I apparently didn't get them right. I thought I had it running great, but I tried it the other night before I went into the hospital, and it,( the reverse unit) just wasn't cycling right. If the reverse unit wasn't in the darn boiler I would take it all apart and do it right, but...This also includes all the cars and track...

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put the loco/tender on the tracks, and it in deeds runs VERY well, and now the e-units wants to cycle,lol...go figure.. here's a picture of the tender under-neath. I polished up the pick-up wheels, the copper strips, and added new wires with the plugs. All hand-rails are there as well as all steps. However, I had a small de-railment, and pulled the loco/tender off the track and here's what I found; on the rear-most wheel set, the axle is loose from the rim, causing the wheel set to go out of gauge. I WILL NOT sell this engine in this condition, no matter what. I'm going to pull the chassis out, replace that wheel, and re-quarter the chassis.I'll address the finger problem also. All I ask is you give me a week or so until all this swelling goes down in my hands, and I get some control over my body,lol..You have first dibs on this "set" and I'll consider it sold.. No money to be sent unless you run it and like it. USP MO, if you please.. I'll let you know how I'm making out with it...The only real thing a person has is his word, and my friends here are as important to me as much as my family... I don't know how I missed this!!!!!!!!!!! I guess life got in the way....sorry..Loren
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

·
Registered
827 Posts
I am working on something. I do have a small table for the N.
If I get rid of some junk and a bar in the far back corner of my basement, then I would have room for my HO.
Maybe HO run with the N? I don't know right now.
Got to sell the bar, it came out of a tavern and is old. I would never be able to toss it.
The guy that was putting it in never finished. He cut it too get in the house then mated it back together.
But never finished the top and the inside of it. He was setting it up for a stainless sink with the tray feed. The kind that is in a bar.
The wife took the sink to Florida after she sold the house to me.
She wouldn't part on the sink. !

I do have a table set up (sort of) for my O.
So let me get this straight. Instead of the time honored saying, " she took every thing including the kitchen sink", in this case it was the bar sink. Interesting twist.

Kenny

·
Registered
827 Posts
Flyernut, I hope you get a grip on that hand issue. (Just trying to add a little levity). Sounds like you have had health issues for some time as you have related here on the forum. Hope you recover soon.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flyernut, I hope you get a grip on that hand issue. (Just trying to add a little levity). Sounds like you have had health issues for some time as you have related here on the forum. Hope you recover soon.

Kenny
Since the 4th of July, I've been in the hospital 4 times, and still have more scheduled..Wednesday the drs were actually up inside my heart, through my right wrist, (angiogram).. Everything looked good, damage was minimal from my last heart attack, stents were fine, now to see if they're going to install a defibrillator.Life goes on......21 surgeries later,lol!!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is not a money problem, it is room.
My N scale... Ed's N Scale
My HO...... Some of my HO/ all packed for now.

My O collection is quite large. I don't think I every got them all together to list. I don't have a lot of the new fancy trains but a lot of older Lionel.
The HO I packed away a long time ago.
The N is explained in the thread.

Though I do think about getting a loop and some S trains occasionally.
I always talk myself out of it.

So for me it is room not the $$$$$$$.

One thing is that I can trust is the seller,........ if I do decide to purchase some it will be from a trusted source.
I can get you into a nice little lay-out for less than $100 bucks, depending on what you want/need, and I'll guarantee everything.. Not with a Northern engine, but a wonderful little 302AC that will run another 70 years, long after both you and I are dead.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
So let me get this straight. Instead of the time honored saying, " she took every thing including the kitchen sink", in this case it was the bar sink. Interesting twist.

Kenny
It was her husbands bar downstairs from a tavern he owned. He cut it and brought it home when they sold the tavern. Brought the sink too.
He passed on, then she sold the house. It was the only thing left to remind her of her husband.
She was relocating to Florida and planned on mounting it on a dock making it a fish cleaning station.
She was a feisty little old lady, I tried to get it but it was NO WAY JOSE.
And she wouldn't budge on it, THE SINK IS MINE !
I backed off before she hit me. 😄

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
I can get you into a nice little lay-out for less than $100 bucks, depending on what you want/need, and I'll guarantee everything.. Not with a Northern engine, but a wonderful little 302AC that will run another 70 years, long after both you and I are dead.
Just a locomotive with tender?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts