Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few engines with drive wheel rim separation. I usually just squirt instant glue in them and hold em in place, (I don't take them apart because I don't have wheel-pulling tool). However, I know this is wrong! I just read a message that said JB Weld works good. I've got a nice 332 that I want to fix right, what is the standard fix for this issue?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If the tire just came loose from the white insulator and everthing is in good shape I just put a couple drops of superglue on it and pull the tire back into place. Works fine for me. Never had one come loose a second time.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
AmFlyer is correct, CA, (super glue), is the way to go. I've used this method for years, as well as others, and it works.. If I have the chassis stripped down, including wheels, I use JB Weld.. You mentioned that you don't have the proper tool to pull the wheel, you don't need a "proper" tool, just 2 screwdrivers will do the trick, one on each side of the wheel. That's not the issue however; the real issue is getting the wheel sets re-quartered.. It can be difficult, especially with a 332.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I’ll continue using Super Glue then.
Re. Quartering, I presume there is another discussion on this and will look for it.
And, thanks FlyerNut for suggesting the double screwdriver trick for wheel removal, (shoulda thought of this myself...).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts