Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,all.. If you have a switch that is not marked,How do you tell which model it is.I have several Marx 027 switches[I assume they`re Marx as I got them with a Marx train} and they`re not marked.I see on the forum some numbers but I can`t find them on my switches.

Many thanks,Everett

Have a good weekend:appl:

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,218 Posts
An easy way would be to post a picture of it here. :p
Maybe a Marx man would know from looking at the picture.
I don't have any Marx track or switches. (that I know of):eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sure there are catalog numbers, but I always just look at them as metal or plastic, manual or remote control. I guess the plastic ones would also come in o34, as well as 027.

The metal ones have been more reliable on my layout than their plastic equivalents.

A picture or ten would be helpful in determining what you have got. Even if you know what you've got, show and tell is always fun.

J White

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
switches

Hi,all.. Reason I asked was. a coupla days ago I read a post about building switches. The young lady showed a photo of her switch and It looked just like those I have. and it was a Marx.She was going to modify some,I just curious how to tell switch numbers.I`m not using Marx only lionel track which works for me real good.:D I got a bunch of 027 track good and some in need of tlc. some crossing also.I got one fella wanting some 027 when he gets ready.

Have a good sunday,Everett

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am sure there are catalog numbers, but I always just look at them as metal or plastic, manual or remote control. I guess the plastic ones would also come in o34, as well as 027.

The metal ones have been more reliable on my layout than their plastic equivalents.
I classify them the same way. Marx had two main styles, an all-metal switch and one with large amounts of plastic. The plastic switches seem to be incompatible with most locomotives but the metal ones work well with prewar, postwar, and modern locos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh yeah, and they are usually found in pairs. Not good when every switch on the layout is a leftie.

There's a lot more stuff on the table now. That shot is just showing the basic track plan.

J White

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
jwse30
No problem with the switches coming in pairs. Just make another layout which uses all right hand switches and is a mirror image of what you already have.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
jwse30
No problem with the switches coming in pairs. Just make another layout which uses all right hand switches and is a mirror image of what you already have.:D
Why didn't I think of that :) Except I think I've squeezed the last layout real estate out of Mrs. Land Trust.

J White

1 - 13 of 13 Posts