Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am trying to find part number 610-8064-046 from a 4-8-2 NYC Mohawk 6-18064. If anyone has one I will be vert appreciative to be able to buy one.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Any chance you have any other Pullmor engines from the '90s? The Hudsons use a similar crank but may or may not have a different length. The hudson crank is always in stock as it was used even on some post war engines.

Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete, you are absolutely correct. Any help you guys can give in locating #43 would be greatly appreciated.
Bill

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Bill, I asked a very knowledgeable friend about this. He has about every NYC steam engine made including Pullmor Hudsons and Mohawks as well MTH steam. He said the Pullmor hudson eccentric won't work but one from the MTH Premier NYC Niagara fits perfectly. The MTH Hudson eccentric is close and would likely work if the Niagara crank is NLA but MTH reissued the Niagara just a few years ago so you should be able to get them.
Apparently Mike Wolf was involved with the design of the Lionel Mohawk and carried some of those design elements into his products.

Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill, I asked a very knowledgeable friend about this. He has about every NYC steam engine made including Pullmor Hudsons and Mohawks as well MTH steam. He said the Pullmor hudson eccentric won't work but one from the MTH Premier NYC Niagara fits perfectly. The MTH Hudson eccentric is close and would likely work if the Niagara crank is NLA but MTH reissued the Niagara just a few years ago so you should be able to get them.
Apparently Mike Wolf was involved with the design of the Lionel Mohawk and carried some of those design elements into his products.

Pete
Dang, I sure hope I can find it. Great news. You know a good parts guy for MTH?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Midge at MTH is their parts person. I don't have her phone # or email handy. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Midge at MTH is their parts person. I don't have her phone # or email handy. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Pete
I see one engine that may have the crank. You do not mean the NYC NYC Mowhawk do you? Identical to what my unit looks like..... crank and all. The one without smoke deflectors on their site videos.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I see one engine that may have the crank. You do not mean the NYC NYC Mowhawk do you? Identical to what my unit looks like..... crank and all. The one without smoke deflectors on their site videos.
That may work but my friend had one from the Niagara. They could differ in length or the angle the crank engages the slots in the wheel. He didn't mention the MTH Mohawk. The hudson crank was the correct length but the engagement angle was slightly off when used with the Pullmor Mohawk.
I also have most of those engines but don't have a Pullmor Mohawk engine to try them on.
Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That may work but my friend had one from the Niagara. They could differ in length or the angle the crank engages the slots in the wheel. He didn't mention the MTH Mohawk. The hudson crank was the correct length but the engagement angle was slightly off when used with the Pullmor Mohawk.

I also have most of those engines but don't have a Pullmor Mohawk engine to try them on.

Pete
Ok, looking further on the site, the Niagara seems to have a very similar crank to the Mohawk. I will start with the Niagara. Now to find one!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, looking further on the site, the Niagara seems to have a very similar crank to the Mohawk. I will start with the Niagara. Now to find one!

Norton, thanks so much for getting me in touch with your friend Pat. Sending him the linkage and he is going to rivet a new eccentric crank from MTH on, unless he can tap it. This will be a great way for others who need a crank to get one. He is also getting me the crank sleeves, as the guy who sold this to me new, had apparantly robbed these out of the engine sometime. Kills me he described it as brand new. I will ask Pat for the part number so I can post it. By the way, the crank from the MTK Mowhask is the one he is using.
Thanks!!
Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts