Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Looks like there might be a time limit on editing. I went back to some of my old threads and can only edit the newest ones.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
We had a jerk come back to the forum and start deleting a lot of content and trashing threads, so I had to crank back the editing time. One or two people can screw it up for everyone.
So........how long now?

Why not just snuff out the "jerk/s">>>>> with a BANNED?

I have a feeling I know where the jerk/s came from. :smokin:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
Very simple Ed, locking the barn door after the horses are out.

If they come back and edit a bunch of posts, that stuff is gone, and it usually trashes the whole thread.
So I will ask once more.
So you see it,

How long do we have to edit a post now?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I looked at a thread I started on 12/15 and I can no longer edit, so less than 2 weeks. Probably about a week. It's unfortunate. I recently went back and fixed a link in a thread from 2 years ago. I guess now you'd just have to add a new post, but then people might complain about reviving a dead thread. Oh well. Get over it! :)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
I looked at a thread I started on 12/15 and I can no longer edit, so less than 2 weeks. Probably about a week. It's unfortunate. I recently went back and fixed a link in a thread from 2 years ago. I guess now you'd just have to add a new post, but then people might complain about reviving a dead thread. Oh well. Get over it! :)
Get over what? ! :p

I went back 9 years and corrected a spelling mistake I noticed after someone commented on the thread.
I add a comment in the edit box as to why.

I just want to know how long do we have.

A simple question deserves a simple answer, then I will "get over it!" :p

·
Registered
890 Posts
That 'get over it' wasn't directed at you.... but at someone who might get bent out of shape for reviving an old thread. :)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
That 'get over it' wasn't directed at you.... but at someone who might get bent out of shape for reviving an old thread. :)
I like to know who the dicks were.
I have my suspicions, but won't say who.

I have suspicions about some of the new members joining up to, and as to why. :smokin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have two days to edit now.
2 days?! I would say that is like putting in a tack with jack hammer.
What about giving replies 2 days or a week, but allowing the original starter of the thread unlimited access to his posts only?

I listed a product for sale. Didn't sell at listed price; want to lower it in the initial post so it will be seen. So what can I do?

1 - Can the thread be closed and a new one started with the changed pricing?

2 - other options?

Scott

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Add another post to the thread with the new price. Adding a post will have the added effect of bumping the thread to the top.

·
Admin
43,709 Posts
2 days?! I would say that is like putting in a tack with jack hammer.
What about giving replies 2 days or a week, but allowing the original starter of the thread unlimited access to his posts only?
Like he said, just add a post.

You ask why the two days? That's simple. Some joker came in after he left the board in a snit and edited out all the content of his posts, making many threads mostly useless! The edit timing was turned off about a year ago, turned out that was a mistake! One person screws it up for all.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Like he said, just add a post.

You ask why the two days? That's simple. Some joker came in after he left the board in a snit and edited out all the content of his posts, making many threads mostly useless! The edit timing was turned off about a year ago, turned out that was a mistake! One person screws it up for all.
wait. whats a "snit"

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
oh when i googled it it said somthing about TLC software co.
Not sure how you managed that, except maybe by clicking on an ad.

When I google it, the top 12 results are all to various on-line references, all giving the definition of the word.

Let me guess, they don't teach dictionary skills in school anymore? But never fear: www.dictionary.com to the rescue. All you have to do is type a word in a search box.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts