Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quite good, but made in China...

Stock:
I have "Premium edition" (at least, I think that's what was written on the box in a silver medallion) of a covered hopper (CN) and it's quite a good thing. It has metal darkened wheels, knuckle couplers, very good weight and roll like something I never had before !!

Loco:
Well, the only Bachmann I have with an engine don't work anymore. WAY different than lets say Athearn... a world of difference.

In conclusion,, I'm inconclusive... I'd say the new rolling stock are great and I have no idea of what a new Bachmann engine is worth but the old one are a pain to repair !!

·
Registered
215 Posts
In my opinion the new Steam locomotives are good if they are in black box not silver. Rolling stock I am not sure I only have one , it is their new stuff in a silver box. I have had no problems with it is all I can say. I have over 300 rail cars and it tends to disappear in the scheme of things. I will also say I feel Proto cars are probably my favorite, they roll so good they will show you how your layout is not as level as you think.They also have very good detail, their Locos are very good also(Proto steam is Heritage).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts